Gastroenterology Community
MUSCLE SPASMS, BURPING, VOMITING....

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

MUSCLE SPASMS, BURPING, VOMITING....

I HAVE BEEN GETTING THESE REALLY BAD CHEST SPASM, I WENT IN TO SEE A DOCTOR ABOUT A MONTH AGO FOR THIS AND SHE THOUGHT IT COULD BE GERD. I DONT HAVE ANY HURTBURN SYMPTONS, JUST THE MUSCLE SPASMS, AND (ALONG WITH THAT SEEM LIKE I HAD HELIUM(FROM A BALOON IN MY VOCAL CORDS) LIKE I SWALLOWED TO MNUCH AIR,SO I GOT STARTED ON OMEPRAZOLE, IT WORKED, FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS, I STOPPED TAKEIN THE MEDICINE, BECAUSE I DIDNT FEEL THE SPASMS IN MY CHEST ANY MORE, FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AFTA THAT, EVERYTHING CAME BACK, I STARTED VOMITING ALSO
AFTER EVERY MEAL OR ANYTHING I DRINK(IT COULD BE WATER), I TEND TO BURP ALOT.
ANY RED MEAT, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH. WHEN I TAKE ANTACIDS LIKE MALOX OR MYLANTA, THINGS TO GET WORSE FOR ME, I HAVE THESE DRY BURPS(FEELS LIKE AIR IS COMIN OUT), AND I JUST KEEP BURPING AND BURPING, I DONT HAVE REGULAR BOWEL MOVEMENTS, AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE MUSCLES  IN MY THROAT BECOME TIGHT, SOMETIMES HARD TO SWALLOW, SOMETIMES I EVEN HER SOUNDS IN MY THROAT(TENDS TO BE A GURGLING SOUND), I SLEEP WITH THE HUMIDIFER ON AT NIGHT, BECAUSE I HAVE A BLOCKED NOSE. I DONT THINK THIS WOULD GIVE ME ALOT OF GAS WOULD IT?
COULD U HELP ME OUT, DOES THIS SOUND LIKE GAS RELATED? I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH I.B.S ASLO(IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME) AT TIMES I FEEL CONSTIPATED.
BUT IT SEEMS LIKE WHEN I TAKE MALOX OR MYLANTA, THINGS GETS WORSE TO ME. I DONT NO WHAT TO DO NEXT FOR THIS.
IV'E NOTICE AND UNEXPLAINED WEIGHTLOSS IN MY NECK, AND HAVE HAD REALLY BAD SPASMS IN MY KNECK, IT FEELS VERY TIGHT ALL AROUND,  AND MY CHEST FEELS TIGHT AND EVEN FEEL PAIN.

PLEASE HELP ME!
I ASLO WANT TO MENTION I GET HEADACHES, AT THE FRONT OF MY FORHEAD
AND AT THE BACK OF THE KNECK.
Has your doctor done any testing to confirm the diagnosis of GERD?  I have a hiatal hernia w/GERD that was diagnosed during an endoscopy last July.  I quit taking my medications in October when they took my gallbladder out because I felt better, well by February I was in constant pain again.  DO NOT come off your meds unless your doctor says so.  I have a lot of the same symptoms as you, look at my previous posts if you like...they have all my symptoms, tests, and diagnoses.  I am going for a repeat endoscopy to make sure my hiatal hernia has not gotten bigger and I also have to go for a 24 hr pH monitoring test.  Contact your PCP and get a referral to a gastroenterologist.  Good luck to you!

Shell
HEY SHELL
I MENT TO TELL U I HAVE HAD A ENDOSCOPY DONE,
THE DOCTOR TOLD ME EVERYTHING WAS FINE,
AND THAT SHE DIDNT SEE ANY RELFEX, OR ANY ULCERS,HERNIAS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
SHE SAID THE PAINM IM FEELIN IN MY LEFT SIDE COULD BE FROM I.B.S
IM NOT TO SURE Y IM HAVIN THESE MUSCLE SPASM IN MY CHEST IT JUST REALLY HURTS. I WILL CHECK OUT YOUR POST.
IT HINK MAYBE I NEED TO GET A 24 HR PH MONITORING TEST DONE ALSO. TO SEE IF I HAVE GERD...
BUT WEN I WENT THE DOCT AT THE G.I TOLD ME IT COULD BE NERVE RELATED
I DO SUFFER SOMETIMES FROM ANXIETY, BUT IVE BEEN FINE.
AND I TAKE LARAZAPAM 10 MG WHEN NEEDED.
THE DOCTOR AT THE G.I TOLD ME THAT IT COULD BE  A OVERLY SENSITIVE NERVE SYSTEM ENDING IN THE STOMACH
IM JUST NOT SURE...
I ALSO WANT TO INCLUDE THAT I HAVE HAD NUMEROUS OF BLOOD TEST DONE
IVE HAD
A MUSCLE TEST DONE-THAT WAS NORMAL
AND
CBC-BLOOD COUNT(NORMAL)
THYROID(NORMAL, IT WAS AT 1.0)
WHICH FALLS IN THE NORMAL RANGE

MY NECK LOOOKS SMALLER, AND MY CHEST FEELS TIGHT....
DONT NO IF ANYXIETY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT CAN MAKE U HAVE WEIGHT LOSS IN A CERTAIN AREA, THATS Y IM THINK IT COULD BE GERD ASSOCIATED WITH THIS, BUT I DONT EXPERIENCE HEARTBURN, OR GET THE YUCKY TASTE IN MY MOUTH...
I JUST DONT NO, DOCZ THINKS ITS ANXIETY..TRIED THE ANXIETY PILL FOR A FEW DAYS, IT WORKED TO CALM ME DOWN, BUT DIDNT SEE ANY CHANGE
Help!
I had no symptoms except chest pressure when I was diagnosed with my hiatal hernia and GERD.  I actually have ulcers that line my esophagus and never knew that I had a problem.  I would recommend seeing a gastro doc to r/o any problems with your GI tract.  I really feel your pain, I have been through so many tests the past 20 months that I can't even think of everything they have tested me for.  It is very frustrating but at least see a gastro doc so that you can know for sure.

Shell
Yea i seen a Gasto doc my doc even referred me over when she seen nothin was working, btu also wanted me to go to behavioral medicine for anxiety.
When the g.i doc looked down my espogaus, she  didnt see anything, it looked fine..
i have a picture here of it, and my stomach that she took a pic of. everything looked fine. I still dotn no what could be wrong.
Does this have something to do with my blocked nose, im just atlost of wordz.
and would try anything to make me feel better.
It hurts so bad, when the doc cant find anthing wrong, but yet u are with ur self 24/7 and u just dont feel right.
NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME. IM ONLY 18 YEARS OLD...
ONLY I SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.
After reading your 1st post, I thought of something.  Go to an ENT doctor to have all your symptoms checked out.  They are very similar to symptoms of either esophageal spasms or LPR.  From what I have read usually an ENT diagnoses LPR.  As far as the esophageal spasms go, you would have to go back to your GI doc and request either a barium swallow or mammometry.  I think that is what the GI doc on this site told me.  I will look through my posts and I will send you the link from the expert site with their answer.  I experience the spasms, abdominal pain, sore throat, stuffy nose....everything that you are going through.  I understand!!  I have been trying to get to this bottom of this for 2 years, hopefully you won't have to wait as long.  Keep me posted

Shell