Gastroenterology Community
Magnesium Citrate and burning stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Magnesium Citrate and burning stomach

I was given a bottle of Magnesium Citrate last night at the ER and told to drink it. I drank half of it. Fifteen minutes afterwards, my stomach started burning. Now it's burning like fire.

I take Nexium and Pepcid regularly, and suspect I have bile reflux issues.

Any idea what the magnesium citrate might have aggravated? I'm in really bad pain.
Magnesium citrate is a laxative. I took it 3weeks ago. I wonder where the pain is from because the medicine is suppose to make u have several bbowel movement. If you dont use the bathroom several times you should see a doctor for help
oh, i've been a waterworks. it's doing its job. but the burning pain wasn't part of the deal.