Malabsorption issues
Over the past year I have lost a lot of weight and am experiencing many 'IBS-like' symptoms. This includes stomach aches, varying food transit times (often very fast), undigested food in stools, blood in stools and large amounts of mucus in stools.
I have since been diagnosed with coeliac disease, pancreatic insufficiency and have been told that I have 'complex malabsorption problems' that the doctors can't seem to put a name on?
Because my weight-loss was so severe, and because I am not absorbing the food I eat properly, I now have a PEG feeding tube and am on supplement drinks.
I have had many tests done, including blood tests, MRI scans, endoscopies and a flexible sigmoidoscopy. I was diagnosed with coeliac disease in November and have since had 2 further endoscopies, which have showed some intestinal improvement following the gluten-free diet (blood tests have also shown the gluten-free diet is working well). The flexible sigmoidoscopy found some internal hemorrhoids which the doctors conclude to be the cause of bloody stools. A faecal elastase test diagnosed me with pancreatic insufficiency so I take creon enzyme tablets with food.
However, I am still experiencing large amounts of stringy, grey mucus in my stools. Is this to be expected, considering the diagnoses I have been given or should I push for further investigation?
It sounds like old blood possibly, or something to do with your enzyme problem or the supplements, but see if you are getting L-glutamine in your supplement.  If not, add it along with a prebiotic.  L-glutamine is good for healing the gut.  
.
Passed several blood clots today, is that to be expected?