Gastroenterology Community
Malrotation in a 42 year old woman

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Malrotation in a 42 year old woman

I did not realize how these forums work.  Once new questions are posted yours gets bumped down.  So forgive me for reposting the same post but I really would like like feedback from others on this rare condition!!  Thanks for putting up with the post twice.  ;-)
Hi there.  I just read a radiological report where the finding was malrotation of the small bowel.  The specialist that requested the small bowel follow though where this finding originates from did not tell me about this finding at all.
The only diagnosis I have received from this gastroenterologist was "Lactose intolerance" and possible IBS.
I was a bit skeptical about the lactose diagnosis because I actually have increased my dairy products and my symptoms do not seem to be associated with lactose.  I have since found out the there are alot of false positives with this test and if there are not symptoms during the lactose intolerance test, this is really a false positive reading.
My question is, I have had severe symptoms since 2003.  These sypmptoms range in severity from violent vomiting with diahrea to stomach cramps with gas and a general feeling of bloating and feeling unwell.
Since my gastroenterologist has not brought up this finding of malrotation, can I assume that it is not something that needs further investigation?
I really need professional information on this question because up until yesterday I thought I just had IBS.  Many thanks for the information you can provide.
Well I went to my appointment to ask questions about why I was not told about this finding but was told I had the wrong date...... needless to say I was very ticked off.  I was all fired up with articles etc. ready for this appointment.  Now I have to wait till April 28th to find out if something should be done about this and why I was never told.
I just wanted to give everyone an update.