Gastroenterology Community
Mass found on liver

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Mass found on liver

Hello!
I just got back from the ER.  I went for shortness of breath and chest pain and left with the diagnoses of a mass on the liver.  They found it in a CT scan when looking for blood clots in my lungs.  They said it was a "fatty" looking mass that is pushing up on my right lung.  I am terrified.  I am at school in Lincoln and away from my family and now I have to go do some testing tomorrow.  Anyone ever in the same situation?

This discussion is related to liver mass ??.
Tags: Liver, mass
I am in the same situation! I also went to the ER for shortness of breath and during a CT they spotted a mass on my liver...I recently had an MRI that came back inconclusive...it could be something not to worry about, or it could be dangerous...I now have to have more testing done :(
I am also away from family, other than my husband (he is in the military so we live away from family) this waiting game is driving me crazy...and being only 27 years old, the mere that that this could be cancerous really scares me...
good luck with your testing, hope everything comes out alright...keep me posted
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers