Gastroenterology Community
May have H pylori but also have body pain ( back, neck and Headache)

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have tested for h pylori blood test. waiting for the breath test to come back...Suffering from the problems since January 13th of 2007.  I also have pain in back neck and headaches and dizziness that had been severe at times...been going to psysical therapy for a month awating the breath test results...can these other problems be a result of the h pylori? Had severe pain in stomach (cramping, and Bloating, Upset stomach)  Any further info about h pylori symptoms?
My father was diagnosed with H Pylori around 6 weeks ago, since receiving treatment his symptoms have got worse. Similar to ones you have already mentioned and is now unable to work and spends most of his day in bed.  He has had an endoscopy which confirmed the H Pylori was present, but he is now awaiting a Breath Test to check if the bacteria is still present.  
How long are these symptoms likely to last is there anything he can do to improve his well being?  At the moment there does not appear to be any pattern to when he has severe pain attacks.
I have received my h. pylori treatment a week ago and I am having the same symptoms as you rhcp21 and to the degree of mmurray's father. In fact I just visited the ER as I nearly collapsed doing some mundane task. I really hope that these symptoms will not last any longer, but it seems like I can look forward to it for a while longer.
I also have been unable to work for some time and hoped that (if my health problems are caused by h. pylori) my problems were treated that I can return to work. It does seem though that the medication has made me feel 110% worse and added some other effects (purple tongue, shakes, pains, body tingles).

Any answers to this is greatly appreciated!
About 4 and a half years ago I was hospitalized with e-coli and it nearly killed me. I have had so many health problems, mainly digestive problems, since the indecent. I tested positive for h-pylori then and I still have it today but I thought it was taken care of. For the last few years I have had upset stomachs, diarrhea, constipation (but the constipation was becasue of hypothyroidism, you can imagine going days with diarrhea and then not being able to go to the bathroom for a few weeks.). One of the main reason I went to the doc was becasue I felt as if every time I tried to eat I had to vomit. It was becoming a pain just to eat a bowl of cereal. I was having colon spasm and server pain in my stomach. I have been taking some strong medicine for the last couple days and it is wearing me down. One thing you said was about the body tingles, but mine is more like twitches. My head will make a twitch but more like me shrugging my shoulder but involuntary, not sure if that is normal. But my question to any one is with me having for so long will it increase my chance of stomach cancer? Could this have caused server problems for my health or will this get better with no other problems to follow?
I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE IS CHOPPING MY LEFT SHOULDER.  THE PAIN GETS SEVERE BETWEEN THE SHOULDER BLADE. I GET STOMACH PAINS, I FEEL MORE FATIGUE.  I AM TRUSTING GOD THAT ALL THIS BACTERIA WILL LEAVE MY BODY.  I DON'T WANT TO FEEL LIKE THIS ANYMORE.  WHO WANTS TO ANYWAY?  THIS HAS TAKEN A TOLL ON MY BODY.  MY DR. PLACED ME ON TRIPLE THERAPY AND I HAD A MASSIVE HEADACHE WHEREAS, I FELT MY HEAD WAS GOING TO POP!  I VOMITED, HAD DIARRHEA, DIZZINESS, PAINS IN MY SHOULDER, BACK, STOMACH, JOINT PAINS.  SO I BASICALLY, TOOK MYSELF OFF THE MEDICATION, AFTER 2 DOSAGES. MY BODY COULDN'T HANDLE IT. I CALLED MY DR. AND HE TOLD ME TO GET OFF OF IT.  RIGHT NOW, HE WANTS MY BODY TO REST AND THEN PLACE ME BACK ON.  WHAT I DON'T GET IS HOW CAN A DR. PLACE YOU ON TRIPLE THERAPY WHEN THEY HAVEN'T DONE AN ENDOSCOPY?  MY AUNT USED TO BE A NURSE AND SHE NEVER HEARD OF A DR. PLACING ANYONE ON MEDICATION WITHOUT THAT PARTICULAR PROCEDURE.  WHAT ARE WE GUINEA PIGS?  THEN IF IT DOESN'T WORK IN YOUR SYSTEM, YOU GO BACK ON THE MEDICATION.  

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU EVER HEARD OF "PINE NUT OIL"  FROM WHAT I HAVE RESEARCHED, IT HEALS THE STOMACH LINING.  WE ALL CANNOT LET THIS KILL US!  WE MUST TAKE CONTROL OVER THIS BACTERIA.  I WILL KEEP US ALL IN PRAYERS AND PRAY THAT GOD HEALS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US.  

HAVE FAITH!  PLEASE DON'T LOSE HOPE!  WE CAN DO IT!  GOD GIVES US THE STRENGTH EVERYDAY.  ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS TRUST AND RELY ON HIM.  

TAKE CARE AND GET WELL!

Cy