Gastroenterology Community
Mesenteric Adenitis, Appendix, Gastroenteritis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been having stomach problems. I was told a few weeks ago when at the ER, for what I thought was food poisoning, that I had gastroenteritis. This past Saturday I went to ER again and was told that I was having an appendicitis attack. They found that my white blood count was high and I had a low grade fever and right side abdominal pain. They removed the appendix on Sunday and during the surgery they noticed my lymph nodes in the stomach were swollen. The doctor calls it mesenteric adenitis. It is now Thursday and I am in pain like I had on Saturday. My stomach is in knots twisting and turning and my sides hurt. I am having these painful doubling over attacks every 20 minutes or so. While in the hospital getting my appendix removed I received IV antibiotics. This information may help in solving my problem. In December on the 18 I was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia and have been dealing with breathing problems and being short of breathe. They thought I had asthma and I was told that I have decreased diffusion capacity which is a lack of oxygen to the blood stream. That showed from a PFT Pulmonary Function Test. I also work at a daycare with 15 toddlers ages 15-24 months. I have worked there over one year. What is going on with me and why am I still in pain?