Gastroenterology Community
Metallic Taste in my mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Metallic Taste in my mouth

I suffer from acid reflux.  I have had it under control and have been doing fairly well after having had used Nexxium for about a year.  I stopped drinking orange juice and have cut down to just one cup of coffee a day.  I also drink aloe juice (about 3 oz.) about 4 times a week.  In the last two weeks, I have noticed a horrible metallic taste in my mouth.  I can't seem to get rid of it.  I have battled with constipation all of my life, have tried quite a few things and am now on Miralax. The aloe juice has helped in that respect as well.  I have noticed, however, that besides the strange taste in my mouth (and by the way, I have not altered my very healthy eating habits) when I lay in bed at night on my back, I feel something really strange on the left side of my stomach by my belly button.  It feels like when I was pregnant and the baby moved.  After that sensation, I feel a tightness, like a hard area and then it relaxes and goes away.  Could it be nerves?  I haven't gone to see a dr. b/c I don't feel ill except for these side effects.  I would appreciate any suggestions you may have or what these symptoms reflect, if anything.