Mild Prominence of the Pancreatic Duct
I've been on a ten month journey of tests to determine why I'm having some of the issues I'm having.  This has culminated in me undergoing a abdominal CT scan earlier this week.  The results show "mild prominence of the pancreatic duct".  My gastro doc now wants me to do an MRCT so he can get a better look.  My question has two parts, what exactly is "mild prominence of the pancreatic duct" (haven't been able to find any good info online) and what can I expect with the MRCT?  I'm not sure if it's just a scan similar to a CT scan or if they knock you out and go in with a scope or something and I can't find any good info online about that either.  Any light you can shed is most appreciated.
An MRCP is similar to a CT scan in that you are placed in a tube that obtains the images. It is noisier than a CT scanner and the tube is somewhat narrower.
Thanks, Doc!