Mild burning sensation in left side of stomach
I have Mild burning sensation or pain in the left side of stomach, just few inches below the end of rib-cage. It started around 18 months back with being very light sensation but it is now more emphasized. The sensation keeps changing the exact positions in small area. It is not continuous but on someday it is for 3-4 hours. I feel better when I have a better bowel movement. Sometime better in empty stomach but othertimes emptiness aggravagtes the problem as well. I have consultated few doctors, they suggested sonography and even endoscopy but nothing significant came out, excpet H-pylori. They say not to worry and prescribe some antacid sort of medicines.. but it gives temporal relief and the sensation comes back after 2-3 weeks. The treatment for H-pylori helped me in reducing the gas, burps and acidic feeling in stomach. However, this sensation has not come down.
I just do not know what the cause is? Please suggest.
My husband, had done a few months ago a ct-scan w/contrast and  a borium shake. A month after this procedure he started feeling a burning sensation on his left side of the belly area.  He mentioned this to his urologist, and this dr, all he can say was that. " maybe the borium shake he had to drink for the procedure had leak".  (This procedure was done due to kidney's stones) My husband had them removed.  The issue is what did this dr. meant by a leak. Or is he just trying to come out clean, because. He asked us why  my husband was given a barium shake? As if he the physian isn't the only one to request this.  Any feed back Pls.
Could be gastritis (sp?)

I have the same thing, however, mine hurts when I eat & does feel better with a BM. Have you had a "small bowel study" done?
Mine burning pain started out with all signs of diverticulis! But ct scan showed no sign of. Any suggestions???
I am a male in my 40s. About 5 years ago, I started to have a burning sensation in my lower left abdomen. Sometimes it radiates to my back, or legs, but it is mainly in the lower left abdomen. It is at its worst when I’m sitting or lying down. Eating always makes it worse, no matter what food it is. I have tried all kinds of diets, including cutting seeds out of my life, and eating lots of fiber. I have been to at least 20 doctors, including gastroenterologists, urologists, radiologists, neurologists, and surgeons. I have had every possible testing done, some of them multiple times, including CT scans (with and without contrast), MRI, X-Ray, ultrasound, even a PET scan, which is usually only done for cancer screening. My blood work has never shown anything abnormal. I have had multiple colonoscopy and upper endoscopy done. Doctors have told me it was things like IBS, diverticulitis, ulcers, and many more things, but all have been proven to be false. I have taken several rounds of Cipro and Flagyl for the diverticulitis, and my last colonoscopy showed that even the pouches vanished, which is impossible, so I either never had them or they are still there. Recently, a doctor told me it was some type of hernia, so I had a laparoscopy done, but that showed no signs for hernias, only some twisting of the large intestine, which my surgeon said he fixed. Five days later, I ended up in the emergency room because my heart was beating too fast once I realized all my symptoms were back after the surgery. Afterwards, a doctor told me it might be cancer, which was proven false with the PET scan. Then, I went to a psychiatrist and she diagnosed me with depression and anxiety, which I think is a result from having so many scares over the years and always being on the edge of my seat while waiting for results, so I am taking many medications for that. The burning went away for a month or so, but now it is back and I do not know how to deal with it and the depression at the same time. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! If you have had a similar experience or know someone with similar symptoms, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Sometimes the large intestine will contract too much while stool moves through and will tug at the intestines. This moves the mucus membrane enveloping the intestines that attach to the abdominal wall. This will cause the burning sensation. When it's reoccurring it will continually cause issues and inflammation. I went through this and researched further to find out about this. Try taking stool softness for awhile or some Cascara Sagrada and Slippery Elm to keep the stool semi loose for a few months to let that part heal.

Hope this helps! It did me