Gastroenterology Community
Mild burning sensation in left side of stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have Mild burning sensation or pain in the left side of stomach, just few inches below the end of rib-cage. It started around 18 months back with being very light sensation but it is now more emphasized. The sensation keeps changing the exact positions in small area. It is not continuous but on someday it is for 3-4 hours. I feel better when I have a better bowel movement. Sometime better in empty stomach but othertimes emptiness aggravagtes the problem as well. I have consultated few doctors, they suggested sonography and even endoscopy but nothing significant came out, excpet H-pylori. They say not to worry and prescribe some antacid sort of medicines.. but it gives temporal relief and the sensation comes back after 2-3 weeks. The treatment for H-pylori helped me in reducing the gas, burps and acidic feeling in stomach. However, this sensation has not come down.
I just do not know what the cause is? Please suggest.
My husband, had done a few months ago a ct-scan w/contrast and  a borium shake. A month after this procedure he started feeling a burning sensation on his left side of the belly area.  He mentioned this to his urologist, and this dr, all he can say was that. " maybe the borium shake he had to drink for the procedure had leak".  (This procedure was done due to kidney's stones) My husband had them removed.  The issue is what did this dr. meant by a leak. Or is he just trying to come out clean, because. He asked us why  my husband was given a barium shake? As if he the physian isn't the only one to request this.  Any feed back Pls.
Could be gastritis (sp?)

I have the same thing, however, mine hurts when I eat & does feel better with a BM. Have you had a "small bowel study" done?
Mine burning pain started out with all signs of diverticulis! But ct scan showed no sign of. Any suggestions???