Mild stomach pain
I had my gallbladder removed over a year ago and I am experiencing different mild pain on the left abdominal area.  I noticed that when I eat fatty food (which I should avoid), I develop that side pain.  I was under the impression that this would all subside after a while.  Do I need to follow a strict diet for the rest of my life?  
I had my gallbladder removed on the 14th of this month.  I had a HIDA scan of 9 w/o stones.  I have not been eating much since the surgery due to complications of gas and intestinal blockage.  Have you had any of that since your surgery?  I was readmitted to the hospital on the 16th and stayed until the 19th trying to make me have a movement and get rid of some of the gas, no luck.   Anyway, I was told that my gallbladder function was so low that I would not notice not having one since it was not working anyway.  My friend on the other hand had hers out 1 month ago due to stones in the gallbladder and one lodged in the pancreatic duct.  She has not been able to eat much of anything without having stomach pains and going to the bathroom immediately after eating with diarhea.  She even wakes up in the morning and before she eats or drinks anything, she has to go to the bathroom.  She nas not had a normal bowel movement since the surgery and she tried to eat a hambruger and she threw up and had stomach pain.  Her doctor told her that she will not be able to eat fatty, spicy or high fiber food at all anymore without having these results.  I think everyone is different but in general for the first month we should avoid fat and then your body adjusts.  Why did you have the gallbladder out?  Did you have stones?  What was your HIDA scan result?  
I have been experiencing the same as your friend, with the expection that I can have a burger and keep it down.  What follows after - well, you typed it above.... immediately to the bathroom and side pain.  I remember my surgeon saying, if you can extend your arm out and reach for your food, don't eat it.  Meaning stay away from fast food.  Only thing, he never said it would last for a life time. uf!  

I had several attacks due to stones, they are so darn painful that I decided the heck with it, feed the gallbladder to the dogs.  BUT! I kinda regret it.. now it's a mild discomfort -  it's almost everyday, and you're right everyone is different - my mother had it removed years ago, and can eat without a problem. Boy can she eat.  Have a great day!
The problem with fats may or may not last a lifetime, unfortunately only time will tell. Sometimes it's a matter of weeks-to-months but some people find that after 6-8 months they're able to slowly introduce some fats back into their diet with no problem. However, having a very fatty meal could spell disaster even after an adjustment period. Give it time and see if things change.

But if you're eating decent food and you still get that pain, revisit your doc and make sure to get your pancreatic and liver enzyme levels checked.
I also spoke to my girlfriend today and she said someone told her if the bile ducts to the pancrease are not removed and they were damanged they could give the same signs of a damaged gallbladder and they may have to eventually go back in and remove them.  See if yours were removed.  
Your girlfriend is misinformed about the removal of the 'bile ducts to the pancreas.' Ducts associated with the pancreas are not removed during this operation. The only portion of the duct that is changed is the duct from the gallbladder to the common bile duct. It's called the cystic duct, and it 'traced back' from the body of the gallbladder to the common bile duct and a 'clip' is placed on the bottom sealing it off. The body of the gallbladder along with what remains of the cystic duct is removed.

The duct to the pancreas has to remain in place. If the common bile duct or the pancreatic duct are damaged a lot of problems can result.

**** The above sounds like bad news*******