Miralax and GastroParesis
My daughter, 16 has GastroParesis. Is it safe for her to take Miralax? She cannot get her bowels to function on there own since she has to be without fiber.
Please advise.
Thank you,
Andrea
As long as her stomach will readily empty liquids, it should be fine for her to take miralax. But the best person to ask is her doctor.
I take Miralax and have Gastroparesis. I can't have a BM without the Miralax!!!! It has truly been a God sent to me! I have a spastic colon and, well needless to say the Miralax is the best tasting, no side effect product out there!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!! My daughter who is 12 (almost 13) takes it occasionally (only a half cap full) when she's stopped up.

I've tried just about every other "helper" out there on the market and Miralax is by  far the best! All the others gave me the awful bloated, crampy feeling, and they tasted really bad too. Miralax has no taste at all! You can even sprinkle it on your food if you want...

Hope this helps!
~Shannon
i go to the toilet 3 times a day I take fibre i have gastroparesis, an xray showed i was backing up now i cant control it also have stool softenerwhat should i do