Gastroenterology Community
Miralax
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Miralax

I have had a history of constipation/incomplete elimination for years. Used high fiber diet (bran, prunes, water) to manage but not100% effective. This past spring had bad episode of constipation and despite increasing bran and water I could not go without a laxitive (ducolax), which I needed to take every 7 -10 days to have a BM. After 3 weeks finally called GI doc who ordered CT and said he saw nothing as a cause and prescribed Miralax daily. He said I could use daily or as needed forever. I used for 3 monthes an dall was wonderful, but recently it is not as effective and I think I have developed an allergy to it (burning tongue and throat and systemic itching) after drinking the Mitalax solution. Has anyone had these symptoms from Miralax? I am going to stop using it, but what do I do now?
Related Discussions
I've been taking Miralax for a long time.  I think that with any of these products, I become ammune (immune) to them, they all work for awhile and then stop.  Miralax always helps, but not even 50% effective anymore.  I use the prescription one, not over the counter.  I don't know if you're buying it over the counter but if you are, maybe you can try getting a prescription from your doctor for it.  You might have gotten a bad batch?  Not sure if the over the counter one is the same as the prescription one.  Good luck.  Nothing has ever worked for long periods of time on me, I have a twisted colon.  Have you had a colonoscopy yet to see the condition of your colon?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...