Gastroenterology Community
More stones

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

More stones

I had my gall bladder removed 2years ago and now they say I have more stones.  Why am I producing stones without a gall bladder?
Some people have the unfortunate ability to do this and no one really understands why. It could be you have some spots in the common bile duct that have small 'kinks' that allow bile to pool and begin stone formation. Work with your doc to try to change your diet and perhaps use medications such as Actigal to try to reduce your possibility of stone formation.
They are created through the overproduction of bile in your liver, possibly as a result of pancreatitis (which may have been caused by the failing gallbladder).
I also had my gall bladder removed almost 5 years ago and i just found out today that i also have gall stones again.  It kind of makes me wonder why i even had my gall bladder removed if i was going to keep getting the stones and am i going to continue to get the for the rest of my life?