Gastroenterology Community
Morning Stomach Problems
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Morning Stomach Problems

I've been having some stomach issues for the past few weeks.  When I wake up in the morning I have a nawing/burning feeling in the upper part of my stomach (right where my sternum V's). It's almost tender to touch in that spot.  Most days it goes away late morning or early afternoon.  There has even been a few days when I had no symptoms at all and feel 100%. On the bad days its hard to just get going because I feel so bad. I had my GB taken out about 6 years ago.  I exercise daily, don't eat a lot of fatty or greasy foods. non-smoker, non-drinker. Went to my Dr. about a week ago and he put me on Nexium and said its gastritis.  This doesn't seem to be working at this point.  I had a friend who had a lot of the same symptoms and he had H Pylori.  Could  this be an ulcer or H Pylori?