Gastroenterology Community
Morning gas, pressure and pain in esophageous are in chest

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

When I awake up in the morning there is a pressure, gas and pain in my esophageous chest area.I have no heart,lungs,kindney or any other problems as recently got checked.I have anxiety.If I feel a pressure or pain in my nose I start to feel breathless and thinking constantly about breath and If I feel gas or a acute gas prsessure pain then I start to think about it constantly.Last night I had a lot acidity in throat and went to a doctor.He checked and told that everything is right do not get tensed or start thinking about if nornal people get acidity sometimes in throat.He gave me medicines and said do not worry its nothing big you will get fine.In the morning when I wake up I had this pressure and pain feeling in my esophageous are went to the toilet stool was normal then I lay on bed and tried to relax which made it some comfortable.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes that may need to be considered include GERD, gastritis, URT inflammation etc. GERD can be aggravated by stress and anxiety and could be a likely possibility. I would suggest considering a detailed evaluation by a primary care physician or a gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile there are a few measures that may be helpful. Taking a glass of cold milk in the morning may help relieve the symptoms. I would also suggest making dietary changes such as avoiding hot/ spicy/ smoked food and avoiding stress as far as possible. Take small frequent meals rather than a large single meal. It is also advisable to avoiding lying down for too long and keep the head end of the bed elevated while sleeping such as by using 2-3 pillows. For acute symptoms you could use OTC antacids.
Hope this helps.

Take care!