Morning nausea(not pregnant) fatigue,loss of appetite
I really need some help with this. For about 4 weeks I have been having severe nausea from the time I get up till around 1 or 2 in the afternoons. I have no energy, I have to make myself eat( feel more like eating late in the evening) I DO have a history of IBS ( diareah / constipation ) I have some discomfort in the upper abd.The worst part is the nausea and lack of energy. I feel sometimes if I don't lie down , I will just pass out. I have been off work for a month now ( worry about job doesn't help problem) I have had several tests done, am going back to dr. tomorrow for liver test. So far they have found nothing. I know I am not crazy, but after a while, with no name to put with this, it is making me crazy. I have seen others post on here with same symptoms, but the post was in archives of last year. I looked for answers ( Piper123 had same symptoms 8-6-06 ) didn't see any. Wish I could get in touch with anyone that has gone through this and is feeling better ( need to know there is light at the end of the tunnel) Please respond anyone.
thank you
trixb
Ok so I'm having the same issues . I have really bad morning sickness if I don't get enough sleep however I am not pregnant . It tends to only happen when I don't get enough sleep . Can't eat , lack of sleep . Most of the time my mouth is watery from the feeling if having to vomit . Working in emergency dispatch doesn't tend to help at all . I've had history of muskoskeketal disorder && multiple uti's . Nothing seems to help either , I have to stay up for a few hours in order for it to let up. This ***** .. Any help?
Every morning Ive been waking up nauseous and with a headache its been a few months now. I have also been feeling extremely sick to my stomach after eating that I throw up every time. I'm not pregnant. Never had problems eating I love(d) food. :( and now even if I'm starving I can't seem to keep anything down.
I have this exact same thing! Did you ever figure out what was causing this?
I've had this for a couple of months, usually feeling better towards late afternoon, though I need to lie down for a good chunk of the day (thank goodness I don't work) I've had this in the past and eventually it went away. All tests done a while ago said, eventually, some sort of diverticular disease, which I manage. I also developed TropicalmSprue, when I lived in Sinapore for 20 years..I wonder if that was the start of the long term affects. I just feel that this is it for the rest of time-no energy or enthusiasm for anything. Has anyone got to the bottom of it yet?
I am suffering with the same thing! The dr says gastritis......I don't think so. My gallbladder was removed in 2001, so idk what's going on. The chronic morning sickness is a nightmare. Waking up everyday and being sick is not a good way to start the day! My dr prescribed Zofran, and it helps tremendously. It's very safe and even used in pregnant women. It's so frustrating to know that people think you're being over dramatic. :(
i have the same symptoms, please anyone let me know if you find a solution or the what the reason to this problem is. its torture
Thank heavens, I'm not a hypochondriac. I have the same symptoms and I to have ibs plus type 2 diabetes and so far there is no answer to my nausea either.
i had this, it ended up being endometriosis. after 3 months of stopping my period and continuous birth control (nortrel) my symptoms began improving
btw i had gullbladder pain with this, extreme fatigue is arms and legs, horrendous stomach problems, ripping tearing sensations in upper and lower abdomen. had all the tests done ultra sound, endoscopy, colonoscopy, liver test, blood, test, automimmue, thyroids, ect all negative. I literally wanted to die i felt so horrible everyday. Its super hard to get a diagnosis unless you get a laproscopy, but it's super easy to try and do the bc method yourself.
i can relate to many many of these posts. btw
Trixb,

These are my EXACT symptoms from four years ago and it turned out I had (have?) gastroparesis. Basically what this means is that, for some unknown reason, my stomach muscles are partially paralyzed and I digest food at half the rate that normal people do. This, from what I understand, causes the food to actually begin to go bad in my stomach and/or for my stomach to get so used to not being empty that I have severe nausea when it is (never been 100% sure which). The way that this was discovered, for those of you who might want to be tested for it, was by me eating a radioative egg sandwich (yes, really, I'm not kidding) and then they took scans of some sort (I can't remember what type) over two hours to see how fast my stomach digested the food. (Also, it's amusing to see people's reactions when you tell them you ate a radioactive egg.) This is how they discovered that it takes me almost double the amount of time to digest food (so, if it would normally take someone an hour to digest a sandwich, it would have taken me two). This was actually shockingly easy to fix, although it did mean having to be careful for a while: I had to take metoclopramide a half hour before every meal for a while (it's been so long I can't remember how long I took it; at least six months I think). After that, I began to slowly take myself off it and now have barely, if any, nausea in the mornings. If you want more in-depth information, I would suggest googling it.

Also, I would highly suggest that you do what *you* think is best and don't let your doctors bully you into something that you don't feel comfortable with. Trust your gut and do the tests you want done first; you can always go back and try the other things later. If your doctor is bullying you GET ANOTHER DOCTOR. That is a doctor that doesn't have your best interested in mind and might even make things worse. I let my doctor talk me into accepting a diagnosis, despite my huge misgivings and repeated attempts to tell my doctor that I really didn't think I had the problem she thought I had, and started taking acid reflux medication. This was probably one of the absolute worst things she could have done as it slowed my digestion down ever more and made it so that I was extremely sick 24/7 for over a month, until I was finally diagnosed with gastroparesis and could start treating it. (Personally, I found my current--amazing and brilliant and kind--doctor by asking the people at the *office* who they went to go see. If you don't know where to start looking for one, find a larger practice if you can and ask the people who work there who they go see.)

I really hope that this helps someone else. Either way, I hope that you eventually figure out what is wrong and hope that you get better.

TL;RD: Look into getting tested for gastroparesis. Testing for it is time consuming but not painful and it will be amusing to tell people you ate a radioactive egg. Also, don't let any doctors bully you into anything. Get second opinions. Or even third and fourth ones. IF THEY ATTEMPT TO BULLY YOU, FIND A NEW DOCTOR! They are not a doctor with your best interests in mind. If your doctor's office as multiple doctors, ask the people who work there who they go see.
I am also glad to know I'm not the only one. I believe I'm the "winner" here with my illness starting 20 years ago, out of the blue, like a flu. I call it "the Monster" morning nausea, fatigue and lethargy. After 2.5 years my GP put me on Zoloft which worked miraculously for 7 years. I slowly weaned myself off it but when the symptoms came back suddenly, the Zoloft no longer worked. Went on and off various SSRI's but no luck. I read that 85percent of serotonin is manufactured in the gut so my docs have always looked for a serotonin answer.  

I've had every GI test known to man, literally. A full work up at Columbia Presbyterian in 2002. Massachusetts General was no help. The best place for gastroparesis is temple university hospital in Philadelphia. They are experts in diagnosing gastric emptying, lactulose breath tests, endoscopes, etc although don't expect any hand-holding. I even had a full blood workup at Cleveland clinic to sleuth out mitochondrial disorders and other esoteric things, to no avail.  By the way, "pro-biotics" are a waste of money. Be sure to check out skeptical or quack-watch websites for any naturopathic or alternative treatments you are tempted to try. Early on in my illness, befor I knew what quacks they are--even though they may be well-intentioned--I tried a naturopath who took me off all fruit, dairy, wheat, etc for eight months. I was down to 130 lbs and looked like a cancer patient. My wife made me eat a quart of ice cream for dinner and that was the end of alternative docs !

There's a saying, "if alternative medicine worked, it would be called "medicine". Britain has been fighting homeopathic quacks for years and now it is illegal in Britain to practice homeopathy. It is not helpful for sick people like us to be led down the primrose path, money falling out of our pockets along the way.  Sorry for the rant but it's my pet peeve for the most vulnerable among us to be taken advantage of by those unscientific vultures.

Anyway, I now have a few tools in the toolbox.  I discovered by accident that Percoset helps with the nausea. This is counterintuitive since it can cause nausea in most people.  Reglan also helps, it's an antiemetic like zofran. Remeron seems to work in the background, it's an antidepressant. By the way I have never suffered from depression although I get depressed from being so sick for so long. When all else fails I can take a hydromorphone suppository or tablet which is dilaudid or morphine, to get through an event.

I also have had daily or near daily migraines for 14 years. I tired injections now work for that 90 percent of the time. Also steroid packs, dexamethasone helps but can only take it every three weeks. I meant to say Imitrex injections above, sorry my spell check broke it.

I've tried all kinds of diets including gluten free for a month.

I have severe IBS constipation with lots of sweating in the mornings along with the nausea. I control the constipation with a combination of Miralax and Metamucil.

I have a great GI doc in Hamden, CT at gastroenterology of Connecticut.

Much appreciation to the woman above who suggested Dysautonomia, I'm going to check that out next.

In closing, you are not crazy, you are not a hypochondriac, you are not alone. Get a good spouse and treat them like gold. Hope this helps.
I have suffered from this for years, and ive found a few answers. Firstly, my lethargy was due to severe B12 deficiency, (which I believe was a major factor in developing a rather life crushing anxiety "disorder"). Since taking B12 on a regular basis I am almost back to myself. The morning sickness however I have only managed to control through diet. I still get it, but it's not as bad as it was. If I don't eat anything after 5 pm, after a few days, I seem to get back to normal. However, this is just a help rather than a cure. I am still trying to work out what is causing it. I'm pretty sure I am lactose intolerant, and staying off the dairy products has been a great help. Also, not eating after 5pm has helped me lose 14 kilos so a bit of a bonus. I almost want to put it down to anxiety, or at least the meds they give to treat you.. and may I add.. they cause more problems than the problem it's self, in my humble opinion. I find I have more morning sickness when in a stressful situation than say, when Im staying at my mum's doing nothing all day ;-) I also feel it could be an airbourne issue. Look up geo engineering, but that's a whole different subject. But, talking about anxiety, and those terrible meds that I was on for years.. Hypnotherapy guys! I have not only used self hypnosis to almost completely cure my panic attacks (not had a big one in years) I am off SSRI's (in my case, creating more symptoms than the problem I was trying to fix!) , but I am now a hypnotist and am studying hypnotherapy at an advanced level. Please don't confuse "hypnotist" with cheap magician in a back alley bar in Corfu ;-) It's actually a science, and for some a form of entertainment, should one want to be a puppet in a stage show. Therapy and stage shows are two very different things, but sadly fall under the same banner of hypnosis.. for a want of a better term. I was so fed up with being pushed mind numbing drugs by the docs, all because the pharma companies want to make money, and I stumbled across self hypnosis. It's unbelievably easy and you don't need to go paying thousands of dollars for cheaply made DVD's on even cheaper made websites! This is not an advert BTW!! ;-) There is a wealth of books on the subject, but every quack has had a shot, so I recommend The Linden Method, Paul McKenna, Igor Ledochowski, and Cal Banyan. I hope this has been of help to some, and feel free to give me your feedback. Have a happy, pleasant, peaceful and healthy day :-) Aaron Benjamin    
I went a little off topic.. so to conclude my personal findings.. I believe with the morning sickness, that it is due to stomach acid.. be that from an allergy, eating late, or the med's themselves, and also the esophagus not closing fully, and allowing that acid to creep up and causing nausea in the morning. If I don't eat after 5pm, I start to get better, even to the point I ate breakfast for the first time in years. Usually even the thought of food in the morning would have me running to the bathroom!! Everyone is different.. but it's worth a shot right? Let me know how you get on and have a blessed day. Aaron Benjamin
survey of symptoms. Are you East coast usa. curious per study of air quality and repeated spraying in atmosphere
I am experiencing the samething but my doctor told me its your nerves attacking your throat which is making me throat and have severe neasea.  We did all the test everything from a edg to semiscopy plus a swallow test and an acid test which all came back normal he then put me on this medicine called amitriptyline 50 mg and I have not thrown up since and my neasea has been reduced but the doctor says I need to take Nexium to go with it and we are working on my insurance to cover it.
My symptoms started in February 2014 with Acid Reflux. I now have that under control with a drug called Dexilant. Nexium/Prilosec did nothing for me. However, I am left with morning nausea for about 3 months. Like so many here, I am ok by about 1:00 every day. I had my gallbladder out about a month ago, and that didn't help at all. Currently I am wearing a nausea patch behind my ear that the dr prescribed. It is called Transdermal Scop. They use in for patients going in to surgery so they won't wake up sick. I will have to use these until we have an answer. At least it holds off the nausea so I can work. I had the stomach emptying test done yesterday, so I am waiting on results, and hoping this is the answer. I am going to my internal medicine doctor on the 17, and she has ordered extensive bloodwork. I have read that long term nausea can be triggered by diabetes. I will keep you guys posted, as I get results. Hope you all are feeling better!
Test for Iron deficiency - anemia - which could explain the blood cravings.
Iron delivers oxygen to the blood without which we experience extreme fatigue if our blood has low oxygen due to low iron.
I'm so sorry you're all going through this. I used to have the same symptoms and it was awful. I would wake up really nauseous with a burning sensation in my stomach and then throw up a lot. The nausea and pain would go away around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Some days I could hardly eat or drink anything, no matter how hard I tried and my stomach constantly felt full. I also had random fainting spells with really bad stomach pain, nausea and gas.

It took a long time and multiple doctors (traditional and alternative medicine) to figure out what was causing these symptoms. I had hyperthyroidism, gastritis, GERD, and amoeba all around the same time. Treating the amoeba and getting off of NSAIDs I had been on for years made the GERD and the gastritis go away, but it took several months. I was also on Carafate, H2 blockers and a special GERD diet until the symptoms went away. Zofran was also very helpful, but I didn't take it very often. Now these symptoms are mostly gone and I don't take these medications anymore. Sometimes I still get symptoms, but they're a lot milder now and they seem to be related to SIBO (I tested positive a few days ago).

I would get tested for gastritis, GERD, amoeba, SIBO, thyroid problems and other hormonal abnormalities. I would advise you to avoid H2 blockers or take them for a limited amount of time. I was on H2 blockers for years and they gave me some pretty bad side effects and they were also not easy to get off of.

I hope you all feel better soon!
I am so excited to say that after months of morning nausea, I am finally seeing a light at the end of a very lond tunnel!!  My gastro doctor bib nothing for me, so I finally turned to my Internal Medicine doctor. I asked her to do a complete blood work up on me so we could rule out what is NOT wrong. My bloodwork was "beautiful" Liver, pancreas, blood sugar, everything was checked. The digestive doctor had put me on Delilant for acid reflux, and to heal my esofogus and ulcers. She said the #1 complaint of Dexilant was nausea. She changed me over to Acidifix which keeps the stomach from producing too much acid. I took my first doseTuesday night, then another on Wednesday night. This morning I was slightly nauseated, but better. The doctor said to do morning and night for two days, and then go back to one a day. When I took the dose this morning, and laid back down, the nausea was gone within a matter of 15 minutes. I am so thrilled, and so hopefull that this is the answer!! I will keep you posted, but if your doctor hasn't tried this medication for you, I would be asking to try it! Hope you all have better days ahead!!!
I have the same problem as well. I have depression but have had it most my life, the sickness in the morning started when i was pregnant with my second child, since having her i still have all the sickness. I am on Prozac as well and still have the sickness. I dont think doctors know what it is. I have pain in my stomach, tired when i wake, constipation, throw up every morning what looks like my stomach lining, I cant drink water cause it makes it worse, eating breakfast when I first get up helps a little. i have no appetite, when I throw up i have a lot of saliva. I have not had any test done, because doctors have tested me for others pains and have found nothing. I am tired of wasting money for test that come out negative, i just want the answer already. Its been almost 3 years.

has anyone found any answers yet?
I cant believe that there are so many fellow sufferers out there. I have felt like this for 15 months now. The attacks of pain, and cramps are becoming more regular - I usually have about a week when i am ok but I am constantly nauseous in the mornings. on a good day it passes in the late afternoon but on a bad day it doesn't pass at all. I assumed that I had picked up a bug / parasite in spain while on holidays and was told by my doc that it would "pass" naturally. Then further attacks were put down to the abnormally hot summer we had here in Ireland and the associated change in diet. Thought for a while it might be hormonal, I'm 47 and my periods have become very erratic. A nurse did suggest that mirroring pregnancy symptoms might be a sign of early menopause. All tests are coming back negative

Later attacks were assumed to be stress related, my mother whom we had been caring for for over 8 years was suddenly taken ill and later died.

I have been given domperidone, lanzol, stemetil but nothing works. I'm due for a colonoscopy next week, at this stage I am praying for a result, I dont even care how bad because it would prove to all that I am not imagining this. I'm also waiting for a MRI of my brain in case there is something pressing on the nausea centre but this is a very long shot.  Interesting to see that a lot of people mention vitamin D, it seems to work for a lot of you.

I have started therapy for dealing with my stress levels but the stress is caused by having to live with these symptoms. I have also started cranial osteopathy and one of the problems that has shown up is that my stomach is very rigid. I noticed something similar in a post above - seems we need a bit of flexibility to get things moved along the digestive tract. This has definitely helped a little but beware of the HUGE energy slump and a very low mood for a few days after a treatment. I would always have been adverse to taking anti-anxiety meds but I feel like I am being led down that path by my doc and also by myself if I cant find relief.

Its a viscous cycle. Like a few of the posts above, I wake at the same time every morning to bolt to the bathroom. My stomach gurgles so loudly during the night and I have so much wind that my kids dont ever come in ot my bed for a cuddle anymore. Cant eat cos I'm sick, sick cos I cant eat. I'm conscious that my 15 year old daughter will pick up on this, you know teenagers and their food issues.  
Dear AlanPi - was I ever glad to see your post.  Diabetic but otherwise healthy as a horse, I've been having the same problem as everyone else here for several months now.

Did some research and found that B deficiency as well as C deficiency can cause a problem, so got those 2 going along with the Centrum.  No change yet but it's still early in the game and I'm 68.  Everything takes longer to heal at my age. ;D

I did drop the dairy products (I'm a dyed-in-the-wool milkaholic) but still have the funky IBS symptoms which seem to come with this weird territory.  One lady mentioned gluten, but I'm not much of a bread eater so there's nothing to give up there.

Unfortunately, I’m not much of a fat eater.  Pretty much a fruit and vegetables and light meats (no beef) kind of gal.

It’s gotta be diet and exercise, so I’m concentrating on a Mediterranean diet and forcing myself to go for a walk, even if it’s just around the house and up and down some stairs, even when I feel like I’m going to pass out from fatigue, as another lady so accurately described the symptoms.

Will report back.
I have had these symptoms for over a year now, I am 34.  I always assumed it was because of alcohol withdrawal, but I am rethinking and doing a lot of reading.  My wife also has the symptoms occasionally.  It is like a bloaty feeling that is near to painful when you wake up.  Even a glass of water will induce vomiting sometimes, yet I am really thirsty.  I feel groggier than I usually should and cannot do simple tasks without a terribly fatiguing amount of focus.  Then in the evenings I feel fine.

We have found that vitamin B will help.  I recommend smaller amounts because it can be hard on your stomach.  Also we have tried digestive enzymes (such as ultimate digest) that will help.  Take them with the evening meal especially.  For the fatigue L-tyrosine helps.  And for the anxiety this all ends up giving us, L-tryptophan and GABA have helped.  Also omega fatty acid complexes are worth a try.  The best thing is that all of these are over the counter and can't hurt you unless you have known liver problems.  

I don't know if there is a cure all but I understand everyone's symptoms almost exactly.  Hang in there and good luck.
I suffered from the same exact symptoms until I finally fixed it about a year ago. All the way through school I would wake up, feel extremely nauseous, usually throw up, sometimes to the point of dehydration, then I would be TOTALLY FINE after 11:30/12pm.

At first my parents did not believe that I was sick because it was happening so often and I would want to go out and play with all this energy right around the same time every day. The doctors never figured out what it was after blood tests and everything. The only thing they could tell me was they thought I had a form of GERD (see below) and that I had post-nasal drip that could be causing the nausea.

With a little help from the doctors and a lot of trial and error, I figured out how to finally live my life without getting sick all the time. This is what cured me, but I am not a doctor or nutritionist so if you are interested in these steps, I recommend you bring this information to a medical professional first.

Note: I originally posted this list for a woman and her son, so disregard all the him/his/he references.

1. GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease: I get frequent heartburn if I don't keep it under control. If your son is throwing up stomach acid, see the doctor about a GERD-friendly diet, positional therapy, and/or putting him on some heartburn medicine. I started with Zantac but now I take prilosec only when I think I might get sick from acidic foods, alcohol, or even raw carrots.

2. Gluten-Free diet: Out of frustration from being owned by this sickness, I decided to try going gluten-free and found out I am gluten-intolerant. Tetley's Tea or a couple Ritz crackers set me off with morning nausea, fuzzy brain, sore neck, blurry vision, fatigue, and post-nasal drip. It is highly recommended for people with gastrointestinal issues.

3. Candida Overgrowth: If your son has had to go through antibiotics but did not get a healthy dose of probiotics after, or if he has had a high sugar/ high carb diet, there's a possibility that he's got a yeast overgrowth. This can cause gastrointestinal issues as well as a bunch of other problems. I had almost all the symptoms that point at did a three month Candida cleanse and it made me feel a billion times better. See http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

4. Post-nasal drip: I was getting post-nasal drip whenever I would get sick like this and my doctor thought it was just seasonal allergies. Turns out, though I do have that, it was also my allergy to gluten. Post-nasal drip will cause nausea, especially when you haven't eaten or had water in a while (like when you're sleeping). To help with this when I do have allergies, I take some decongestant medicine (12hrs or more) before going to bed. It is not good to take this stuff frequently, and though Allegra works great for me it might not be the right thing for your son, so I'd talk to a doctor about it if he's experiencing drainage.

5. Hydration: Make sure your son is drinking plenty of water all the time. If he's throwing up every morning, he needs that water back in his body so after 12 rolls around, pass him a bottle of water or electrolyte water like Smart Water but no Gatorade or anything with a ton of sugar or citric acid.

It might take some time to see results because some of these treatments take a little while to flush the bad stuff out, plus the anxiety of being sick in the morning and the insomnia from being afraid of going through it all again once he wakes up for so long will take a little while to fade away. That's what happened with me anyways.

So with these five things, along with a better understanding of what my body does/doesn't like over the years, I can get up every day feeling fine. Sorry there is so much info, but the combination of all these things is what cured me and though it took practice, research, and lots of trial and error, it was worth it because I can finally live my life.

I hope this helps!
Had the same issues for years.  Tried all different tests and rx. Went on a gluten free diet minimized caffeine (this is a big one, smoking and alcohol too) I have decaf tea in the morning with honey.  Get at least 7 hours of sleep, try to stop taking unnecessary rx drugs.  My number one problem was the Prilosec I was on and an antibiotic I was told would fix me right up.  As soon as I stopped them I stopped throwing up.  I still may have issues time to time (rarely). But 9.5 out of 10  it is from not getting enough sleep or good enough sleep ex too much caffeine, eating before bed, drinking, smoking etc not taking daily multimineral multivitamin and eating unhealthy (too much acid, fat, gluten, sugar, and not drinking enough water.  It seems petty but I think it is easy to develop unhealthy habits especially if we don't really know how bad things can be.  Everything you put into your body or expose it too will have a huge impact.
Hello! I'm so glad I found this forum. I have been suffering from nausea for quite some time if not years. Since the beginning of 2014 though the nausea has continued to get worse. Unlike most that I see on here, the nausea for me lasts all day 24/7. It even wakes me up in the night. My GI doctor did a work up on me with a barrium swallow, stomach emptying and a complete cardiac work up (echo-cardiogram, CT scan & heart cath) to rule out any cardiac issues. Since all those test were normal, he referred me to the local teaching hospital. They took one look at his report and said "It's acid reflux" and changed my acid reflux meds to 40 mg of prilosec twice a day and 300 mg of Zantac at night. After all this the nausea has continued to worsen. I am not able to vomit due to a nissen fundoplication, although there are times I wish I could, all I can is dry heave. Not fun at all. So I decided to go to yet another GI doctor in a different town to see what kind of opinion I could get from them. That appointment was today. They basically told me that everything GI and Cardiac wise has been completed, so they are just trying to find out what path to go down next. It is very frustrating! They are evaluating blood work, (cortisol & TSH) to see if that is an issue. I also have a CT scan scheduled for Friday morning, (8-22-14) to see if there is anything they can find neurology wise. I basically am at my wits end about this, but I find comfort that I'm not alone in my struggle. I wish I had some advice to post, but I do appreciate many of the comments/suggestions posted and will be trying some of them. Good luck to all.  

I have the very same issue. Vomiting in the morning, for 5 months now and like you I dread going to bed and hardly ever eat because I know I am going to throw it up, the following morning. After which I am fine. I do get dizzy and foggy in the head throughout the day, by night time again I am fine. Did you ever receive a diagnosis? Or did you ever find out what to do to make it stop?
  Mine turned out to be extreme stress. I put an end to the stressors and take a mild anxiety med and feel myself for the first time in months. I would have never guessed stress could do that to a person but your stress hormones are the strongest in the mornings and once I got past the first couple of hours I was fine. I hope this helps you. At least try the stressor angle it cant hurt. Best Wishes.
Mine turned out to be pure and simple stress. Eliminated stressors and take Valium in the morning and all the symptoms just stopped. I pray you find relief very soon. I was so tired. Sick of being tired, tired of being sick and then the dread of what I knew was coming everyday of my life, misery was overwhelming. Best wishes to you my friend. I would wish this on no one.
My symptoms sound the exact same as yours.

I have suffered from anxiety and depression for over a decade now, and I did just start my first (serious) job of my career, so I'm wondering if that is an issue. My job entails a lot but I really like it and look forward to going. I don't feel overly stressed about much in my life right now- the thing that I'm most stressed about is continuing this nightmare of being sick and missing days of work.

I have been to a couple of doctors over the past month that this has been going on. I've had several blood tests, a urine test, an ultrasound on my abdomen, and more. My doctor has suggested that it might be stress since all tests have turned up negative. I'm just really irritated and confused because I don't feel that stressed.

Anyway, I'm glad that you are feeling better! Hope it continues!
I suffered with morning sickness for over three years thankfully the nausea seems to have passed for good hopefully i suffered with running to the toilet to be sick,hot spells(at the same time) then came the dizziness that was that bad i nearly passed out most it took was thankfully up to an hour but couldn't eat until after 12 the smell of food revolted me i never went to a doctor because went before never did anything about it ********. But thankfully its been a few months now and my sickness has stopped all of a sudden without any changes in my diet or anything no matter how hard i tried it wouldn't work although my stomach first thing when i wake up and i still can't eat until 12 but then i can eat whatever i want without any hassel. i can't tell you how to make it stop because it just stopped suddenly one day i do feel for you all its a horrible experience to have i hope you can finally over come this as soon as possible
Okay soo I have been struggeling with stomach problems for years now I am 22 years old and I am SICK OF IT, I cannot live my life. I have been in and out hospital for months. I was tested for everythinggg. I was told it is not gluc,lactose intolerant it is not this that . I had to go for gastroscopy,colonoscopy more than once I had to wear a machine that went through m nose into m stomach to test me for reflux disease.  I have a hurnia but I drink pills that keeps me from getting the intense heartburn that causes vomiting but I have intense diarrhea and I am immune to imodiums and gastron ect and then they told me it is my anul swincter that doesn't work because of stress over the years. so after more than r6000 and very akward and horrible tests they said okay now im healed and m life will change. THis is my specialist a GASTROENTOLOGIST I have been seeing. I had to flush my stomach about 8 times nw and it horrible for a chick my age and embaressssing.. After being okay for a month or so it started again and no everything I eat makes  me nauseous so I eat tiny bits and drink nauseous pills almost everyday and it still comes out and now I am over it. I WOULD LOVE TO BE HEALTHY AND LIVE A HAPPY LIFE! helppppppp!!!
I have been getting morning sickness for 3months now in between my period. I have extreme excess silva. If I sallow the silva I feel extremely sick. My hair is falling out for months. Can't smell things sometimes and feel very tired.I lost an inch from my hairline I feel tired.  I take my vitamins but nothing is getting better. I just don't feel right. My body feel vey imbalance.   Didn't know that so much people are feeling the same way. I at least feel better that i am not just complaining and it's an actual symptom.  Hope the docs. Can find some relief.
had this for more than a year, my friends thought i was weird because i always felt sick some days worse than others and others i can go on with my day .. its so annoying ! cause i would make plans and not even to do it , I do feel the pain in my abodominal area I go to the doctors constantly  told to eat better , told i have acid reflux ( i am 21 by the way ) done tests xrays blood tests all of it. some days I feel like throwing up others i feel light headed sometimes loss of appeitee I am about to redo some tests again. I hate this because a lot of times when I tell people they think its all in my head or I am fine.  on worse days I relay on tums or gravel pills. (female)
There is not medicine that can help for the nausea every morning believe me. The only thing the people should know about too much nausea in the morning , it is spiritual problem, everything happened at night when the people are sleeping , it is a devil thing , you can change the doctor after doctor but you have to know that it is NOT physical problem, it is spiritual !! Most the people with the morning nausea are females with differents age . The only thing to do is to PRAY for that!! Or you are going to spend your money for nothing!!!! Just Pray!!! I hope these help you
You are an absolute moron. Or a troll.
I have similar symptoms to you all and recently it has been discovered that I have chronic cholecystitis (chronic irritation and inflammation of the gallbladder). The gallbladder is often overlooked as it is hidden behind the liver and is more commonly associated with acute cholecystitis, which produces much more immediate and severe pain than the chronic version. All of these symptoms sound as though they could gallbladder related.  Ask your doctor.
I have had the same thing for about 2 years I am 21 now. I like some of you guys. I have visited the doctors and they have run so many tests on me lost count, and a lot of money too. I wake up feeling nauseous, fatigue, and sometimes even dizzy. I have also lost appetite, and can't eat anything during the morning. I'm losing weight and it worries me. I mean after 1 pm. I feel like if I was never sick. Honestly I thought I was the only one, or that I was just crazy. Anyone with an answer please let me know.
I have read every comment on this post, going back to the original one by trixb on January 31st 2007. I hope that she got some relief of her problems. I had similar problems, which have now largely disappeared. I'm posting this in the hope that it may be of some help to others who have been having similar symptoms.

But some background first. I'm a 57 year old male dentist.

My symptoms were:

Basically, upon waking in the morning I had an ache in my stomach. I got up and managed to have a shower. But by the end of the shower I felt very light head, like I'm going to faint. As if there's not enough blood flow to the brain. My energy level seemed to disappear and I feel that my knees were going to buckle. I also felt nauseous, which varied from mild to moderate,

At this point I had to lie down. I felt cold and shivery. I found myself taking rapid shallow breaths.

I would feel a little better within ten minutes or so but extremely tired. I didn't want to get up again, but I did and continued getting ready.

After a few minutes of getting ready I got the same sensation of light headiness. I lay down again and within about ten minutes felt better, although still extremely tired.

At this point there was no appetite, the thought of food made me nauseous.

I first noticed this around September 2014. In the beginning it was just once or twice a week, but not so severe. Since the beginning of January 2015, it had been occurring about 4 or 5 times a week. However, at the beginning of February 2015 it happened every morning and got much more severe. So much so that I almost passed out at work and had to been driven home.

I should mentions that apart from this condition I have no other medical issues. I would consider myself fairly fit and in fact completed the Tough Mudder Obstacle course one year ago.

In the past 10 years, I had only missed two days of work due to illness.

Since these problems arose, I have missed 4 weeks of work and lost 20 lb. in weight.

I saw my physician, who referred to me to a neurologist and an internist. I went through all the tests that you could think of, including:

Blood tests - testing for everything imaginable.
Head MRI
CT angiogram
Abdominal ultrasound
Holter monitor (24 hour cardiac monitor)
EKG
Ambulatory blood pressure monitor (24 hours)
Sleep apnoea monitor
Urine and stool tests
H. Pylori breath test

Nothing showed up. When that happens the only assumption is that it is psychological. However, I was convinced that this wasn't the case, as the symptoms were so real.

Then I noticed that the symptoms seemed to get worse after eating certain foods, in particular wheat and dairy. I cut out both and within about  a week I started to feel better. The nausea was still there but not so severe. After a further 3 weeks, the nausea had almost completely gone. At this point I went to an allergist who confirmed using a skin prick test that I had an
allergy to wheat.  

Despite all this, I wasn't convinced that all these symptoms could simple be due to wheat. Besides, I loved wheat, and even made my own bread. So, I went back to eating wheat. Within 2 days, the nausea and fatigue began to return. I stopped the wheat and after about a week the symptoms started to go away.

That was enough to convince me. It has been 5 weeks since I stopped wheat for the second time and for the past 4 weeks have felt so much better. The nausea has gone and my energy levels are improving.

If you are having similar problems, then that does not mean that it's also due to wheat for you. You should see your physician and have all the tests that they recommend. I'm not dispensing medical advice. I'm just sharing my experience. However, if they aren't able to give you a diagnosis, then you have nothing to lose by cutting out wheat for a  few weeks and seeing what happens. While you're doing that you may also want to read Wheat Belly and perhaps Grain Brain. Both are written by medical specialists and can shed some light on why wheat may be causing these symptoms.

I hope this helps. If it does, please let me know, as I'd like to know just how many others have suffered because of this same food problem.

I think ALL of you need a HIDA SCAN and I think it is your Gall Bladder!!!  Ultra Sounds only show STONES...Not sand... and we can have sand-like blockage or we can have just a "sick gall bladder"..Anyone on Birth Control Pills can have Gall Bladder problems!!! Be Aware!!!
PLEASE GET A HIDA SCAN!!  God Bless!
Hi, everyone - I'm new to this site and got here looking for info about feeling weak, nauseated and generally yukky in the mornings. I think in my case it's probably a bit of dehydration due to wearing an apnea rig all night. Reading through all of your posts, I feel that I MUST share something with you.

A few years ago, I spent months being hauled to ERs in the middle of the nights with what I was told was anxiety attacks. I was dosed with valium-type drugs and treated as a complete nuisance by the local medical community and my family. Just a middle-aged hypochondriacal, anxiety-ridden woman. An attention-seeker and, perhaps, drug-seeker. I lost 20 pounds within about a three-week period because I completely lost my appetite and was living on minimal intake. I had no energy at all, and could hardly sit upright. I was weak, shaky, and sometimes laid in bed wondering if I had the energy to take one more breath. I tried three different doctors and each had a different set of pills for me to switch to, messing with my blood pressure meds and switching out anxiety meds. At one point, I collapsed and the ambulance that came for me had a doctor on-board, who at one point told my husband he couldn't find a pulse. One ER doctor called for a psych consult before releasing me, keeping me and my husband stuck in the ER for an extra 2 hours. And so on....

Finally, 6 miserable years later, during an unrelated exam in Denver for berylliosis and thyroid changes, three doctors all independently suggested that because I never had these attacks during the day, my problem sounded like sleep apnea, not anxiety. BINGO!

I came home, went to my M.D. and asked for a sleep study. No more "anxiety". If you don't know how apnea affects you, you won't think of it as a cause for anxiety symptoms. You get the symptoms in your sleep because you have stopped breathing and your brain has ordered your adrenal system to pump the juice to you to kick-start your respiratory system. The adrenaline surge causes what feels like an anxiety attack.

If you're having "anxiety" symptoms during sleep and/or immediately upon waking, please talk to your doctor about apnea. With apnea, Valium-type drugs can actually lead to further suppression of your respiratory system and may, therefore, prevent your brain from being able to signal for a life-saving (but MISERABLE) shot of adrenaline.

I hope this helps someone.
Hello. I have seen doctor after doctor. This could be a couple of things one is very hard to diagnose but it's worth a shot. If you have anxiety it could. Be neurological   meaning that the chemicals in your brain are off and there is testing for it , it does take time to. Diagnose but once they find out you will feel better.. I would suggest looking at the medications you take as well and not just look at the side effect but look at at allergies to the medicine. It could be making you sick as well.. Also it could be something going on within your stomach or intestines I would see a specialist. Like a GI doctor. My sister was sick for about as long as you were and they couldn't find this issue. But then she found a great doc and they found she had chromes disease. But now she has it under control. I hope this helps.
I'm reading this and thinking I was the only one. I have had this 'problem' for 2 years and have lost nearly 4 stone in weight. I am a 20yr old fit and healthy female..then this strikes. I feel severe and chronic nausea ALL day, it's awful I can eat anything at all and the smell or look makes it worse. I can't go out to dinner with my boyfriend, family or friends and if anything is embarrassing and makes things worse. My nausea will last the whole day and I feel shakey and light headed. Worse thing is I can go days without eating so it can't to a intolerance or allergy! I am on domperidone but they don't really work,  blood tests fine, ultra sound fine, now I have to wait till Feb for an endoscopy!! This is really impacting my life and families, I am still loosing weight and have had to walk out of university exams! I definitely think it's now caused slight anxiety but I know something's wrong, I just know! If anyone could help it would be amazing :)
You are a dumb *** idiot!! Who wants ******* God involved in health. **** god!!
My girlfriend has the similar problems. She started this 8 months ago. Started waking up in the mornings puking, as we thought it was a sign of pregnancy to go to the doctor and find out she wasn't pregnant. She kept puking every morning since then, she was told to cut certain foods and drinks like spaghetti and coffee. She gets lightheaded through the day and loses her appetite. She has pains with the whole morning vomit. Some days she even has energy loss as well as random no warning vomit spells. She's losing weight and I've taken her to the doctor, specialist, neurologist, GI, and many more doctors. I've worked overtime and more to just pay doctor bills and it pains me to see the love of my life, her suffer and have no cure, I really wanna give her my wellness for her sickness, I wish she could be cured so we can go out and do things like we use to. Ever since she's has this illness we've been unable to have a successful pregnancy and she's feeling that she will never be able to have kids. It's like a dagger stabbing into our hearts. I've been searching for answers ever since she felt that way, determined to find one and not give up on her. I love her to death and I wanna bring back that hope she had and see the smile in the mornings that I fell in love with. Please, I'm looking for a diagnosis and cure, please help her and me. I don't know how long she will have if this keeps up
Look into citric acid allergy. Discovered it myself. Doctor confirmed it. Eating makes me sick. Not pregnant. Appetite *****. I throw up with the stabbing pains. Citric acid is in basically everything. When I avoid stuff with citric acid, I feel a lot better. But like I said, it's in everything so it makes it so hard to avoid. I usually take a shot of alcohol before I eat to ease pains. I'm not recommending that part for anyone but hell I was desperate and it helps so I'm not gonna question it
I had the same symptoms as many do here: nausea in the morning, loss of appetite, vomiting, burning sensation in the chest, dizziness. In my case it turned out to be anxiety. I am taking Sertral and Sobril and feel normal again. I never would have thought anxiety could have such severe physical effects on the body.
I hope this helps someone.
I have the same problem. Vomiting, can't stand the smell of food. Lightheaded, the list goes on. After my tests Gastropharesus. Please look it up. Also I have fatty liver disease but I don't drink. Good luck.