Morning nausea(not pregnant) fatigue,loss of appetite
I really need some help with this. For about 4 weeks I have been having severe nausea from the time I get up till around 1 or 2 in the afternoons. I have no energy, I have to make myself eat( feel more like eating late in the evening) I DO have a history of IBS ( diareah / constipation ) I have some discomfort in the upper abd.The worst part is the nausea and lack of energy. I feel sometimes if I don't lie down , I will just pass out. I have been off work for a month now ( worry about job doesn't help problem) I have had several tests done, am going back to dr. tomorrow for liver test. So far they have found nothing. I know I am not crazy, but after a while, with no name to put with this, it is making me crazy. I have seen others post on here with same symptoms, but the post was in archives of last year. I looked for answers ( Piper123 had same symptoms 8-6-06 ) didn't see any. Wish I could get in touch with anyone that has gone through this and is feeling better ( need to know there is light at the end of the tunnel) Please respond anyone.
thank you
trixb
I have had the same symptoms since February and it is now July.  I have had a CT scan, EKG, blood work done twice, along with my thyroid being checked.  All my doctor told me was that it was panic disorder and depression.  I was given xanax and referred to a psychiatrist.  All the shrink did was put me on prozac and told me I have depression and panic disorder as well.  Guess what?  I am still nauseous and fatigued every morning.  So really, I have spent tons of money to still not know what is wrong with me.
I am male but have morning extreme fatigue as well. I have since discovered it's my gallbladder (diagnosed it myself, Docs were of no help too they told me not to stress and try to relax. For 5 years!).

Ultrasound showed no stones but HIDA scan confirmed 7% ejection fraction.

My theory is, GB produces bile, which acts as a soup to break up fat and help digestion of fat.  At night, the digestive track moves slower.  Without enough bile soup, the fat wraps around the food waste, giving your intestines a hard time to absorb and move them around.  I wake up in the middle of the night because of this and wake up in the morning extremely thirsty and tired.

I found to work around this, you need to eat low fat, and take vitamin supplements such as Centrum.  After 3 days you can feel better.

If not, look into Celiac Sprue and stay on a gluten free diet for a few days.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps through.

-A
I had similar issues until, on the random advice of a nurse practitioner, I went gluten free for 30 days -- just to see if it made a difference.  It made a HUGE difference.  Within days, I felt better than I had felt in years.  Then, 2 weeks later, I got pregnant for the first time.  My husband and I had been trying for a while.  I have a beautiful 8 month old now.  Also, I had become intolerant of several foods, such as all dairy, and now I can tolerate these foods again.  Just not gluten.  And I was totally unaware of the problem before I went gluten free (could not see any connection between how I was feeling and the consumption of gluten).  I tried the diet at first only out of desperation -- and was totally shocked when it actually made a difference, and so quickly.
Hello Trixb, I have had the same problem for a long long time. I have had chronic sickness, loss of appetite, and was also told I could have BS or Crohn's Disease......I have been back and forth to the hospital for 2 years havin CT scans, X-Rays, Bariums, Ultrasounds, Camera's down my throat and up my back passage also. Still nothing!

I have been going mad as I have not been able to find out what it wrong with me, I also have not been told if I have got IBS or Crohn's Disease either so its doubly frustrating.

For the past week or so I have  not been feeling great, I have not been eating, I have hardly eaten anything at all actually, I am weak and feeling constantly tired and dizzy too.

I wish there was an answer for what is wrong with me, I am tired of being taken into hospital with pain in my abdomen...I have even had my appendix out as a precaution but that solved nothing. I have been put on numerous medication, anti sickness, anti acid, pain relief, anti spasmodic pills, and yes they seem to work in stopping my pain, but my appetite is not coming back and I do not want to be on medication forever as many of them have long term side affects if used 24/7.....I do not want to become dependant on medication to get me through the day!

I hate it when I loose my appetite as I USUALLY love my food  but I just can't eat, even trying makes me feel sickly...

Yulias_mine***@****

GI motility doctor-hydrogen breath test- check for bacterial overgrowth. Consider natural medicine, antibiotics can be harmful in treating a bacterial overgrowth, but other times work. They did not work for me, and worsened my condition a hundred fold.
I too have had problems for the past two years also. It first started my first summer at College. I would wake up early in the morning and throw up at least once only to return to my bed and shiver and shake uncontrolably for a few minutes. At first, I thought it was due to stress and not enough exercise, but for two Years??? Though it dosent happen everyday Its driven me crazy because since then, I have had a major loss of appetite. I used to enjoy eating, but now when I try to eat, It makes me sick. I tend to make it through my day on a candy bar and soda (if not water). The weird thing for me though, is that I'm perfectly fine after the first few hours after waking up sick. Though I still dont eat from a loss of appetite. I'm tired of having my family worry over my condition as it slowly worsens, but I dont know what to do. Something else to add though, is that I'm starting to get scared of falling asleep at night because I know that the cycle just continues and I dont want to feel this way anymore. I also tend to have nightmares everynight, though I dont know if this has anything to do with my condition.
Your symptoms do sound just like what I was having, and mine turned out to be my gallbladder.  I had stones, which showed up on an ultrasound by a surgeon in his office.  But as another person said, you could have a nonfunctioning gallbladder without stones, and to diagnose that you'd need a HIDA scan.  

But abdominal pain is notoriously difficult to diagnose, as many here on these boards are experiencing!  

I'm doing better after getting my gallbladder out, but still having days with discomfort and lack of appetite and difficulty putting weight on.  The worst thing I've eaten before or after surgery was cream cheese.  That is one food that is so high in fat that anybody with gallbladder issues would be foolish to try to eat.  It sent me into my only true gallbladder attack, where I was doubled over with a feeling like a band was around my ribcage and excruciating pain in my mid back.
My body has been pretty weird this last couple of months.  I developed lactose intolerance (something no one else in my family has) and started only eating dairy products with a lactaid.  I'd heard it was easy for adults to develop if they stopped having dairy for a any amount of time when their body was used to it, so I wasn't worried.  A month and a half or so later, POST some stressful events (wedding of a friend, job probs, etc.) (meaning...not stressed any more...) I started feeling strong nausea daily throughout the day.  It's especially strong around (smelling or seeing them up-close) foods, and one time it was reallllly strong around eggs. Normal stomach viruses for me have a small amount of nausea, then some vomiting, but usually after I vomit I'm fine.  This time, I've had tons of nausea, and only thrown up twice in the last two weeks.  Each time was for a couple minutes with a little dry heaving, and then it was ok.  Later the nausea would return. I've been able to eat the past couple days, but mostly, I only craved soup/chili items...and haven't felt sick after eating these things.  Everything else leaves me feeling nasty.  I've started to lose weight...and I am not pregnant.  What the heck???
Add severe nose bleeding after vomiting to that...
I have the same symptoms as you: morning nausea, extreme fatigue and loss of appetite (but not pregnant).  I was just wondering if you ever found out what was wrong w/ you and if you found any relief?  Any information that you can provide would be extremely helpful.
I'm glad at least someone out there knows what I am feeling.
I wake up terribly nauseated each day, cough up some mucous, then I feel lightheaded for a bit. By 2 or so each afternoon it's as if I was never sick! I used all my sick days at work already for the year and it's only Feb, so I had to learn to get up a little earlier, cough up stuff, and fight to keep from passing out on my way to work, and throughout the morning. It feels awful, no one understands, I have had tests and have a lot of stuff wrong, but nothing that they say would explain this. The nausea and the sometimes feeling like I will pass out are the worst.
It's been like this for weeks and I hope there is an end to it soon or that someone can help me.
C.
Did you ever figure out what was wrong?
Did you ever figure out what was wrong?
I have the same problem, but I never want to eat...  I'm not pregnant and the smell of food makes me sick now..  I love food so this *****, and the doctors don't no what is wrong with me..  Since this started I slowly started to lose any interest in food...  My husband is worried about me now, and I just recently started to crave the weirdest thing..  blood..  I don't no what is wrong with me and any help would be wonderful..
I would suggest that you find the best gastroenterologist in your area and start there.
IBS could mean many things,  - chrons and uc.

If it is reflux you might consider having the Nissen fundo done.  I did and feel great.

If you should have surgery for either of these things, make sure you check out the bariatric surgeons and see how many lapo's they have performed.  Also should you have the Nissen make sure the bariatric surgeon does loose wraps.

Good luck
I have been waking up with nausea in the morning and I am not pregent. I can not eat in the morning or think of food because it makes me want to vomit. I have had a cough, stuffy nose, and slight fever.I feel better later in the afternoon. I do not know if I have a flu, cold or something else. I have an appointment next week and I hope this stops before then. My husband worried and so am I. Does anyone have any advice for me. I had a bacterial infection 2 weeks ago and was treated and now I can not eat in the morning and I do not what to do.
hey trixb,
       i am actually going thru something similar to what you are going thur. i have a ployp in my gallbladder. they found it while doing an ultrasound on my abdomen about 4 months ago, i couldnt notice anything going on inside my stomach until about a week and a half ago. i have the following symptoms: a burning sensation in the upper abdomen, fatigue, very big loss of appetite, nauseated all the time, i have been using the bathroom a whole lot more than usual(#2), and i just started having diarrea this morning, pain in between my shoulders and my neck, and my skin is very very sensitive. if i was you, i would get an ultrasound done. hope i helped some! wish you the best!
I have similar symptoms to this and have recently been diagnosed with a parasite infection - blastocystis hominis.  And an allergy to milk protein.  Its worth getting a workup for parasite and bacterial infections.  A stool sample is the best way to do this but make sure that you give at least 3 stool samples over 2 days in preservative fluid, otherwise you might get a false negative result.
I have the exact feeling too. I wake up in the morning feeling sick to my stomach and wanting to vomit at the smell of food. It hurts to push down on the upper part of my abodmen and I thought that it may be the postion I was sleeping in since I love to curl up when I go to bed at night, so I started sleeping in a straight position, but it does not help. It feels like every morning I wake up  at 5:57am feeling very thirsty and wanting to use the restroom and it use to be only my alarm clock waking me up, and now its this pain that is my signal to wake up. I use to not feel like this at all and ever since 2 weeks ago its been bothering me so much. I have been having alot of stress at work, and in my personal life and I am not sure if this maybe the start of the problem. But in the afternoon, I feel fine.. It is so annoying that I do not know what is wrong, but I will take the advice from the third person to take my vitamins and try to cut down on gluten products.
Please help if anyone else have ideas
i cant belive all of us have this same problem and no doctor or anyone can explain it. I am 21 female who has been sick everymornign for the past month four months ago i had my gall bladder removed due to stones and an infection well now i have sharp pain under my rib nausia serverly no appitite i lost 20 pounds from stress and the smell of foods make me sick until mid afternoon every day i am not pregnant either ...help>
I havent had symptoms as bad as a lot of you, but I have been feeling sick on a morning, but for 3 years! (dont think its possible to be pregnant for 3 years) Ive never really eaten breakfast so I dont know if it makes a difference to that but I also feel slightly dizzy aswell. It never gets to the point of actually being sick and by a few hours after getting up Im fine.
I hate going to bed at night because I know Im going to wake up feeling sick! Its very annoying because Id only be able to go to the doctors on an afternoon and by then im fine so i feel a bit stupid!!
Its getting me depressed and I already panic and feel nervous all the time and this is not helping! any suggestions would be massivley helpful!
THANK GOODNESS, NOW I FEEL AWFUL. MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN COMPLAINING OF THIS FOR WEEKS, SHES 11, AND FINDS IT HARD TO EAT IN THE MORNING,HAS PAIN IN HER TUMMY, AND GAGS AT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. I THOUGHT IT WAS SCHOOL ETC. BUT EVERY THING IS FINE THERE. NOW I FEEL BAD THAT I HAVENT TOOK HER TO THE DOCTORS.