Gastroenterology Community
Morning stomach ache

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Morning stomach ache

For the past few years i have had an issue with stomach aches in the morning before i get out of bed. The pain feels like my stomach is digesting itself with the acids. It hasnt been too serious until lately. I use to be able to drink a glass of water or eat breakfast real quick and the pain would subside shortly after, but it has gotten to the point that nothing makes it go away but time itself. This will not occur for the rest of the day, only in morning when im layin in bed, and its always around the same time. Someone once said it sounded like gastroenteritis, but i dont believe it is.. The simple answer of course would be to go see a doctor, but i do not have health coverage and im currtely paying off a bunch of medical bills from my past. Any tips on what it might be?