Gastroenterology Community
Movement in my stomach NOT pregnant

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Movement in my stomach NOT pregnant

So I'm a 28 year old mother of 3...Have been on the IUD for about 3 years..Only meds I am taking are Phentermine 37.5mg overall good healthy, Do get migraine headaches every now and again...Few months back was taking acne pills..

Ok so that is a little medical history on me..NOW, my problem starts....I am having MOVEMENT like alot of movement in my stomach...I mean it feels like a baby REALLY...I mean I have had some off and on fluttering in my stomach for months maybe even a year or so..But the movement I'm experiencing now is more of a slow controlled movement.. Like say a small baby rolling over in your stomach or shifting places.. Oh and right under my right side ribcage I have pressure.. Doesn't hurt just some pressure like a baby's foot pressing ever so softly..Then it will stop and little while later it's there again..

I've even when out and bought a cheap O pregnancy test...All though I just starting my period.. Took test NEGATIVE. When I lay down on the bed you can actually see where like the top part of my stomach will go flat then a little little ball form down on the bottom of my stomach under my belly button area.. I keep trying to ignore it and go on but WHAT THE CRAP IS IT.. or is it just that crap??

I called my mom over to feel my stomach.. As my husband thinks I am just overreacting because I have been wanting one more baby and he does not..Anyways,, Whatever it was, was not really moving.. I couldn't even feel it but I had just went from a laying position to a standing one..But my mom did notice how my stomach would deep in slightly in one area and kind of ball up in another area....

So could this be a tapeworm or IBS could I be pregnant and have my period and the test be wrong?? Oh yeah I have also been pregnant before and doctors labeled it an "ECTOPIC PREGNANCY" because my HCG levels where increasing I was having some bleeding and when they did the ultrasound they could not find the baby.. They continued to watch my HCG levels go up and did ultrasounds no baby in tube no baby to be found any where...Also have carried a baby (My son) to a little over 5 months then suddenly went into labor..Baby didnt make it..

Going crazy....Am I a paranoid..Gonna be 30 ok well 29 year old wanna have a baby women..Or is there a really cause for concern... We live next to Roswell New Mexico,, Where they say the aliens landed..So my mom calls me in the mornings now and says how's or alien doing??? Haha.. But I know without a doubt something is moving..Don't know if you can feel a tape worm....Maybe be some serious gastritis problems....

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I have no insurance and really can't afford an ultrasound..
Avatar n tn
i would go to the doctors! it could be nothing, it could be psychological like ur husband thinks, or it could be some sort of benign mass if u say theres a ball like area and pressure. i dont know why that would cause a fluttering feeling.
a tape worm would probably cause weight loss?
do u have any other symptoms like weight loss or pain at all? u should defo get checked out.
if u were recently pregnant it might not show up on a test but since this has been ongoing for a while now i doubt that.
if u were pregntn before and bleeding but they couldnt find a baby, sounds like a miscarriage to me, but dont think thats relevant to this. unless theres something structurally wrong but that would have caused pain if eg something ruptured.
any firm lump/ball type firm area should be checkedout!
I'm having da same feeling as I speak..I am so scared and pray day its not tape worms cuz I am so like scared of worms..I've made an appointment to see da doc but if anyway has already been please let me know da problem
Hi im 21 & have 2 twin girls wen i lie down i feel like a ball moviin around the top of my belly button & im on the pill but have been gettin ready bad pain now & then at the lower part of my stomach feels like trapted wind & also ntt been bleedin but brown disscharge can any 1 help thnks x
Can somebody help me I done took 4 test at home 2 test at the doctor I was not pregnant no blood test yet no ultrasound....times I feel something moving I sick at times very sleep keep getting uti..had sex one day with my boyfriend and it felt like a bby move to Tha top of mi stomach I couldn't move for 5 min....I come on every month a different day my *** hurts on and off I spot it for 2 days then came on mi Last day could I be pregnant ... ?
I have been having this worm like movement before i got pregnant and am 14 weeks gone bt i can differenciate if its d baby moving or the movement and am scared its going 2 affect my baby.eddy
S IAM WRITING THIS iam going threw the same I feel like something is moving I lay on my side and  I feel something move on the top of my stomach near my belly button its creeying me out I dont want ro go to the doc I dont want them to think iam crazy in feeling this ive took pregnancy test and they come out negative I just dont want to end up like those girls who didnt know they where pregnant and have the baby n the bathroom its driving mw crazy iam gonna need to go to the doctor and find out forsure know
I am going through the same thing now I take 6 pregnancy test and all is negative. I went to the doctor take a scan and the doctor say am not pregnant so I am praying
i am 18 and i been pregnant twice but i have the same feeling as all of u if iwas i would be around 9 weeks . but my case is a little different after i had sex i had all sign of pregnancy but the i got my period two days later it was 7 days but light and then i bleed again 16 days later and again16 days later but i notice  my stomach getting a little bit bigger like bloating i been extremely tired not i dont feel the same way i did before i got my period it feel like something is sit and moving around it my stomach it scars me because i dont know i took two home pregnancy test . two test at out reach places but i havent been able to go to the doctor .
42 year old haven't had a period in 6months and now I'm having brownish blood like when you are going off your period. Movement and fluttering on my right side sometime in the middle of my stomach. Above and below my belly button it comes and goes all day....can anyone help me please!!!!
I'm. So scared I read and I can't believe how many girls are going through the same thing as me hi my name is Miriam 30 years old I have 5 kids I got my tubes tide after my last baby and now after almost 4 years for the past 2 two weeks I been feeling like baby movement in my right side just above my belly button I feel so scare to go to the doctors and find out that I'm pregnant I go against abortion but I'm already going crazy with this 5 kids lol but I just hope everything will be okay and if God wants it to be that way than I just have to be happy right better that than having something bad
I am 20 I had a baby two years ago news year day and I am on implant now I have been putting weight on vigoursley I am sick every now and then but it is irregular it has been happening for five months now I have had three periods due to the implant but the have been brown blood not fresh blood when I lie down or sit still I feel what feels like flutters they have recently got stringer and feeling like a foot or arm dragging across my tummy now just this second I got in to a steaming hot bath and my tummy shifted ! As in dropped and rised again and I felt what o can only describe as a baby turning from head up to head down now here's the catch I buy a test every two weeks I have been to the Dr but because I am on implant and have bled he won't give me a second glance ! Should I go this time ?
The test are negative btw
They keep telling me I'm not pregnant they will on do pee tests I told them they need to do a sonogram through a probe but they won't because my hormone levels r normal but I told them it's because my implant thy won't listen my guess is to take the implant out asap because u most likely are pregnant I've been having problems ever since I got the nexplon anyone else have problems ever since nexaplnon
i take pregnancy test 5 times a month but the result still negative...this week i got a period right now..but i still fell a moving in my belly....what should i do this time?or what is inside in my belly right now....im still nervous thinking about this....help me pls...
Hi I'm 18 and I never been or never be a sexually active.... Never have sex but I feel the same way as you guys.... I've see the doctor about this and they told me that I was just miss eating and I should eat more and more.... I've been experience this 3 years already and no one have given me the answer.... Can anyone tell me this?
I have had problems non-stop with nexplanon, I freakin hate it, I bleed allll the time maybe have a couple weeks off then bleed more. I have felt phantom kicks before but I have NEVER seen movement. It seems many of us feel it on our right side. I saw movement tonight and my waist is 4 inches bigger than just a few months ago and I am the type that does not gain weight unless I work out. Alcohol and cafiene can affect the implant, both of which I partake regularly. Pregnancy tests come back negative, but I havent taken one in months. And scared too since the implant seems to mask results despite what drs say.
Are you using nexplanon? Cus I have the same problem with moving in my tummy and I have nexplanon maybe it a sysptom of the nexplanon
Hi I am 18. Ive been sexually active and I keep feeling almost the same thing as you all. I feel movement and fluttering in my lower stomach usually under my belly button but there are times that its above. I have no idea what it is..Ive bought pregnancy tests and even got tested in multiple hospitals. They all came up negative. About a year ago I was told that my fallopian tubes were too damaged and that I couldnt have kids. I am not on any type of birth control..I also havent gotten my period in months..all the tests came up negative so I have no idea whats going on..can anyone help?
Hi I'm 28 and a mother of a almost five year old. I was on the iud mirena for almost five years. I had it taken out in January of 2016. Because I want another baby. I've had my period normally as of February. I am having nausea and morning sickness. I have taken many test and all negative. I am 8 days before my period. For a month now I have been feeling something move in my stomach when I'm laying down. I press on my belly too see if I feel it but it stops. It's freaking me out. I haven't told anyone because I don't want ppl too think I'm crazy
Im* it's*
Hi I took my mirena out since November 2015 cause I'm trying to get pregnant too... Had my last period in March and still negative but I get these movements in my tummy like a baby moving... It's creepy went to the doctor got an appointment for a ultrasound... I'm hoping that I am pregnant and those pee test are wrong.
I have the same bleeding problem with nexplanon. I hate it. I had bleeding all the time for over 4 months. One or two weeks without my period then it would start again. Dr wanted to give me birth control to help with the bleeding but didn't cause my blood pressure was a little high. You could ask your obgyn if they can give you birth control. About the movement in your tummy I have the same thing. What's scary is my husband is craving the something he was craving when I was pregnant with our daughter. So now I'm really scared to check see if I'm pregnant or not.
Did you find out  what's going on?I'm in the same position except I would be 26 weeks if I was and also I got my period the morning after...I'm not ready for this and I'd anyone know what's going on helpp
Ps took 3 preg. Tests and all negative