Movicol miralax
I live in the uk and am currently taking 1sachet of movicol per day.
I was wondering how much water you should drink on top of the recommended 125ml to make it work?
Thanks ,Fred
More water is better, but I take more than one packet to get enough relief.  This is on top of a strong oral medication (Amitiza) and magnesium.  With Miralax, I get the stuff in the bottle and take 1 1/2 capfuls once a day and as needed.  
Oh, and it seems like it works best if I take it separate from meals, and don't drink much water during meals (because water dilutes the acid that is important for digestion, I think).  And don't drink it immediately after the water turns clear for best effect.  Wait 30-60 minutes whenever possible and see if it makes a difference like it seems to for me.  
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Throughout the day, an average person should drink 2 liters of water and if you are taking laxatives I would recommend you drink at least 2 1/2 liters of water.