Mucus/Blood in Stool
I'm a 23 year old female, and for the past 5 years, I've had on and off bouts with mucusy stools, and sometimes blood. This is always accompanied by loose stools. I've seen three different GI doctor's, have had blood tests, 2 colonoscopies, and a barium test - everything always comes back negative besides an "inflammed colon." No one can give me a cause besides irritable bowel syndrome - but this doesn't usually cause bleeding, nor am I ever constipated. I'm sincerely afraid to accept IBS as definite, while having these other symtpoms. All three doctors were SURE it was something else, and they really didn't like the IBS diagnosis either. I don't get it...

The blood is not bright red (I've had hemorrhoids and can tell the difference). It's a bit darker and mixed with the mucus. I will occasionally also get the world's worst stomach ache - so bad I can't eat for days. It's like a whole abdomen stitch, and it hurts to stand up straight. I'd say it's gas, but they usually last far too long, and this is when the blood and mucus is the worst.

I've cut out red meat, fake sugar, white breads - they definitely make it worse, but I'm still not better.

Thoughts?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Has any doctor ever told you anything more specific about your inflammed colon?  Have you had an endoscopy?