Gastroenterology Community
Mucus in stool and low cervix?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mucus in stool and low cervix?

I'm 17 year old female and have recently been having some problems with my bowels. A few months ago, i noticed i had a small pea sized hard lump inside my rectum, i used some home treatment for hemorrhoids and thankfully, the lump seems to have gone. However, when i was applying this treatment, i noticed that i could feel my cervix VERY clearly through my rectal wall almost all the time. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong in my vagina, and as i'm only 17, am i right in thinking it is unlikely to be a prolapse? Also, i have noticed yellowish mucus in my stool? What is likely the reason for this? My whole family suffer with irritable bowel which can sometimes cause mucus? I'm not in any pain and my bowel movements seem normal. I also noticed that the smallest amount of stool in my rectum can be felt really clearly through the vaginal wall?
I have been to the doctor a few weeks ago and explained that things felt a little wrong down there and she examined me and he said that things seemed okay but i'm still worried. I have a normal, healthy diet.
Any help will be appreciated :)
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Some amount of mucus on the stools is normal and should not be anything to worry about and it is not abnormal to feel the cervix through the rectum or the rectum through the vagina either.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979