Multiple symptoms
Hello Doctors,

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

I am a 30 year old male.  I try to eat healthy most of the time, but there are times I eat fast food.  I also drank moderately to heavily over the past 8-10 years.  Anywhere from 2-5 drinks a night about 4-6 days per week - mostly shots of hard alcohol.

About a month ago, I started to experience pain and a burning sensation in my upper abdominal area.  I also felt very bloated and full after eating.  At times, I felt like vomiting, but never did.  I was able to belch and relieve myself that way.  

2 weeks into this whole ordeal, I went to see my physician and was advised it was probably gastritis and recommended I take Omeprazole.  I took a daily 20 mg tablet for about 3 days and then stopped as I began to feel a bit better.  

Just the beginning of this week, the symptoms came back.  

This time around, there are additional symptoms.  I now have trouble (constiaption?) when eliminating bowels.  It comes out, but with pain.  I also notice that the stool comes out very thin or small pebble-like shaped... And I am not 100%, but it appeared that once there may have been very light blood around the stool.  This led me to research and I am kind of scared about colon cancer being a possibility.  I havent gone back for a follow-up visit, but started taking the Omepraloze last night.  

Any insight as to what this may be?  

This discussion is related to Chronic Nausea.
I hope you quit drinking since that is the worst thing you can do when you
have gastritis. Take your meds as directed until they are all. The blood around the stool is probably from passing the hard stools  by straining
to go  no doubt you  have "roids". Talk to your doctor about the consistency
of your stool  if it continues.