Muscle Spasming in top of stomach
Having trouble eating any food as stomach grabs and spasms coursing pain, have had tests done and there is no medication that seems to help, Lost 21 Kilo in a matter of 12 months . The problem started suddenly when I got up one morning and had a cold drink of water and thats when it grabed, has been doing it ever since. Have been taking Anti inflamitries for many years could this course a problem like this to my stomach. The doctor has sugestid to having my stomach balooned (stretched) but dosn't garentee that to be successful either. Im just so fed up as nothing seems to be working,  I can't even work it has made me very tired and weak with all my weight loss.  I would be gratefull if you could give me some sugestions.  Thanks  Glen.
Glen, if you've been taking NSAIDS for awhile, it's well known they can irritate the stomach.

Why did the doc suggest stretching? Did he do an endoscopy and find that your esophagus was narrowed? Or that the opening at the end of the stomach is narrowed? If you're experiencing gastritis, are you being treated for it?

Based upon the symptoms you're relating, if you haven't been scoped, you may want to ask your doc to do so.
Yes have had all the tests done and the only thing they came up with was esophagus was spasming , wich coarses me to bring water and food up, dosn't happen every time as the spasm will let go and my food will then go down, there is no  narrowing at all. The Gastro Specialist says if this widening dosn't work they will try Botex injections into the muscle, I was just hoping that there could be another alternative as these sound a bit servere,  Thanks  for your  help.
Glen, if they're esophageal spasms, you could talk to the doc about taking some anti-spasm med like Bentyl. Some people also take meds such as nitroglycerin or some specific calcium channel blockers - but that's only if it's spasms.

When ballooning is done, it's typically due to something like a stricture - 'constant' narrowing or closure of the lower end of the esophagus. Or when the someone has something like achalasia, a condition in which the muscles don't work properly.

You may needs to take to your doc some more and try to find out the exact diagnosis as to why he'd want to use botox. Botox can be successful in some to keep the lower end of the esophagus open when there is a serious malfunction at the lower esophageal sphincter.

So I'm not quite sure why your doc is moving to do a stretch based upon your saying that there is no narrowing.