Gastroenterology Community
Mushy stool every bowel movement
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mushy stool every bowel movement

I'm 23 years old male, and for almost 3 weeks now, I've been having some BM that's not normal.  I usually get a BM every morning after waking up.  For the past 3 weeks, my BMs does not look normal.  The stools that pass are very yellowy and mushy.  Its kind of like diarrhea.  Its very soft with ragged edges and sometimes they float.  That's usually the only BM I get throughout the day.  Its never accompanied with any abdominal pain.  Just sometimes I get that butterflies in my stomach kind of feeling.

I've had this problem 1.5 years ago, but it stopped after a week.  I don't know what set it off.  I don't think my diet has changed, but I have been less physically active these days because of final exams.  I haven't seen a doctor yet because of the same reason.

Any idea what might this be?
Related Discussions
1100598_tn?1377890199
It could be viral.  I would try going on a bland diet for a few days. Nothing spicy, nothing greasy or fried.  Drink plenty of water and stay away from caffeine.  

If that doesn't help, my second guess would be pancreatitis.  Usually stools with pancreatitis are yellow because of the excess bile in them and they float because fat is not being digested.  However, most people get a lot of nausea and abdominal pain.  

If it is pancreatitis, the bland diet may help you through your final exams until you can get to the doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...