Gastroenterology Community
My Husband Has been vomiting for months and no Diagnosis..

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My husband (26) started feeling full a couple bites into his meals recently and then becoming nauseas, dizzy and finally began vomiting with abdominal pain.  Every morning when he wakes up he's instantly running due to vomit or nausea, he feels weak and hasn't really been able to hold much food. Mainly liquids and bland foods when they stay down, he's been sleeping a lot more and when he's awake he's tired alot. He's been to a our PCP who thought it was due to stress or anxiety or depression but my husband didn't agree, the ER which said it was Gastritis or Heartburn even though didn't have any and a GI specialist who has tested him for Celiac Disease, Endoscopy for Barrett's Disease and stomach ulcers or other abnormalities, also had an abdominal ultrasound done...everything was normal!! they also did a full blood work up and that came back normal too... they have him on Nexium twice a day (morning and night), reglan and zofran when he needs it but they don't work, he has lost about 5 lbs in the last month. In the last month and a half  there have been days here and there where he looks like nothing is wrong and is able to eat and wakes up fine but then the next day or 2 days later it comes back, I think the nexium is somewhat helping but he still wakes up nauseas and dizzy, the vomiting has subsided for last 2 days but has not gone away. He has had an episode like this once before when he was 17 but they never figured out a diagnosis for him, they gave him nexium during his hospitalization of 2 months and just let him go once he looked and got better and said it was just some gastritis but here we are again...please help, I'll take any suggestions at this point...send me Dr names and numbers if possible in Philly. Thanks
Have they checked him for gastroparesis?
that's the next test...just waiting on the date...
I agree, sounds like gastroparesis, but the reglan should have helped that.  That's good he's being tested for that though.
My husband has been having the same symptoms and they did the gastroparesis test and it came back normal, yet he is still throwing up daily. The doctors have done an upper gi, lower gi, cat scan, X-ray, scope and biopsy, ultrasound, and hida scan, yet they came back with nothing. Help