Gastroenterology Community
My anus contract (cannot open fully)when I deficate causing incomplete ...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My anus contract (cannot open fully)when I deficate causing incomplete deficate.

My anus cannot open fully and contract during deficate. As I open the anus, the anus
contract when the feces just about to expel from the anus. When I
senses the feces in my anus, my anus and rectum tends to contract and
the feces flow back. When is the cause of this problem, I had for more
than 15 years. Is this condition called anismus. Is there any
treatment for this? I am going for clonescopy this week. Is this
procedure necessry.

Regards
Tec.

If the colonoscopy comes up clean, you may want to talk to your doc about doing a defogram. Sometimes the coordination between the inner and outer sphincters is 'off' or some of the lower part of the colon isn't working in an orderly fashion, and this type of a study can help to figure out whether or not that's a problem. A defocography study is a painless X-ray examination that provides information on the function of the lower colon or rectum, and the surrounding organs such as the bladder, vagina and small bowel. A defogram analyzes the pelvic muscles, specifically their strength and control. Contrast is introduced rectally as in a barium enema, however a defogram involves the patient actually pushing to evacuate the contrast material as though having a bowel movement.

If something is found that is wrong, sometime biofeedback can be used to retrain the muscles to work correctly.

yes i agree you took words out of my mouth ive had all these tests i just want to add she may need mammontery studies  to check pressure in rectum and bowel it also checks squeeze pressure and at rest eg for sensation further up colon ? these are also painless tests eg balloon expultion test  but are important  to check bowel function  there is also transit study tests  colonic marker study where you swallow little tablets for about 7 days then have xrays to see how many is left in the colon  to show if bowel is working properly good luck xx
Thanks a lot. I will ask my doc about defocography study/ balloon expultion test.

Regards
Tec  
I want to add a few more things. I have been using Fleet Liquid Glycerin suppositories and Fleet ready-to-use enema overcome my problem, for the past 2 month. Will this cause long term problem/damage. Can the problem/damage be reverse.