Gastroenterology Community
My daughter's unual smell after surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My daughter's unual smell after surgery

Hello, my daughter and I would like to know why she is emitting an usual smell coming from her mouth and the top of her head.  She had a partial hysterectomy in March 2008, inwhich they removed her uterus only.  After the surgery she has noticed that her smell is quite different and it is really bothering her.  It is not unpleasant, but different than before the surgery.  It seems her urine, fecal matter, and mouth smell different.  When she is in a closed in area she smells the odor coming from the top of her head.  Her hair does not smell just an odd odor from her head.  She states that her car now smells like this new odor, because she has leather seats.  She's at her wits end and is thinking about doing some type of colon cleanse or liver cleanse.  PLEASE give us some information for this odd body odor.  Her doctor keeps saying it is nothing to be alarmed about, but we do not accept that.  HELP!!!

This discussion is related to Stomach odor.
Has your daughter had her hormone levels checked recently?  I suffer from PCOS and whenever my hormones are out of balance I have this icky smelly near my hairline.  I'm apparently the only one that can smell it but it drives me nuts.  It could simply be an imbalance due to the hysterctomy. Check with her ob/gyn.  My endocrinologist is the one that fixed my levels.  Best of luck!
You are sooo right!!  My daughter is the only one that can smell it and it's coming from the top of her head!!  Wow, I'm going to call her right now and read your email to her.  I knew she was not losing her mind.  Thank you so much for your input!!
Glad I could help. Sorry took so long to respond.. moving is always fun. Good luck!