Gastroenterology Community
My diaphragm is squeezing and tightening in a spasm.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have been having a problem my diaphragm, it constricts when bent over and it causes me to stand up straight immediately. I feel a severe tightness or contriction of my diaphragm. I can feel it harden.
It is very painful. Is this a problem related to severe asthma?  I have asthma and am coughing a lot.
I am not able to bend over, could it be a hernia??
Sounds like the problem I'm having also. If you find out please let me know. It makes you miserable all the time
I had hernia surgery 3 yrs ago and have had either pain in my side, I can feel the intestine swell up and like a knife in my side, or I have charlie horses in my diaphragm. It moves around and I can hardly stand up. Both pains or at least an 8, and I KNOW pain. Had several catscans, ultrasounds, colonoscopy. Nothing wrong with me. Tired of going to Dr. to tell me I'm fine. Yes, they think you're making it up. Told them my last child was born in the car and I do KNOW what pain is and no I don't care about the drugs, just want to figure out what's wrong. Any ideas out there?