Gastroenterology Community
My sonogram results are fine, why do a followup with Gastro Doctor?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My sonogram results are fine, why do a followup with Gastro Doctor?

My mom recently had a sonogram of the stomach and pelvic area and both doctors and the technician said the results were fine. Why does my mom have to follow up with the primary gastro doctor? They do not have the sonograms but the notes are in the chart. Still doesnt make any sense. Is it to get an extra copay?
Note: The Doctors that told her she was fine and her sonograms were normal were not her primary gastro doctor that she saw when she first visited this office, could that be the reason? We were told reason she must come in is that it was just a prelimary result and main doctor would follow up with additional suggestions. She has acid reflux and is currently on nexxim. She's 85. What will be the next step? Why follow up?