Gastroenterology Community
My stomach isn't digesting properly

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My stomach isn't digesting properly

For the past week I feel like I have been unable to digest any food or even water, not matter what I eat.  My stomach is 26 inches around my waist in the morning and by noon (eating very little) it swells to 33 inches.  I am not in any pain, but it's an uncomfortable pushing/swelling tight/heavy sort of feeling that I have to live with until bedtime.  When I wake up in the morning, I am back down to 26 inches, but the swelling starts all over again.  I can't pinpoint the swelling to one type of food, because it happens no matter what I ingest, even water.  Even though I drink a lot of water throughout the day, I feel like most of it stays in my stomach.  In the beginning of the week my bowel movements were usual and I still got the swelling, but now I'm swelling with hardly any bowel movements.  This has never before happened to me and I'm quite certain it is not regular constipation or bloating.  Also, even though I feel as if everything I injest just sits in my stomach, I still get hungry and have a normal appetite.  Not sure if this is related, but I have also been bleeding irregularly.  I took a pregnancy test to eliminate that possibility.  What could this be?