Mystery Stomach Pain
I am a 20 year old female who has one child. I have had this stomach issue for almost three years now. It started as a strange feeling in my left side whenever my daughter would kick me while I was pregnant. Ever since she has been born the feeling has been more painful and has more symptoms with it but no diagnosis. My stomach gets very sore on my left, lower side and it sometimes feels like a pressure or pulsing.it also sometimes feels like something cold is leaking down my left side after I drink something cold. The pain can be anything from dull and achy to sharp and stabbing and can last from minutes to hours. Recently I have noticed the pain comes up when I have gas. I have noticed that if I don't let the gas out one end it travels seconds later to the other and so on until its released. I also recently have started feeling nauseous with the stomach pains.I also just have an overall disgusting stomach feeling like when you have the flu but it never progresses to anything but pain. I have had an upper gi, colonoscopy and a laparoscopy investigation and nothing has been diagnosed other than muscle spasms and I was told months ago that they would go away but new syptoms keep arising. Any info on what it may be, who to see or what to do would be very helpful.
Hi, if other conditions have been ruled out a diagnosis of IBS can be considered for your symptoms. IBS can produce the symptoms described by you. Then again please check for Diabetes as this can affect the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves leading to bowel symptoms. This can be detected by a simple blood test. The other causes could be malabsorption and various infections of the colon. A stool culture may help. Check with your doctor regarding this. Regards.