Gastroenterology Community
NEED INFORMATION

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

NEED INFORMATION

I HAD THE NUCLEAR EGG  X-RAY TESTS AND  WAS SAID TO HAVE GASTOPERES  (NOT SURE OF SPELLING)
I WOULD LIKE SOME INFO ON THIS SUBJECT. WHAT IS IT  ANYWAY?
Type 'gastroparesis' into a google browser and find the link to the Mayo Clinic. They've got a decent overview of delayed gastric emptying = gastroparesis.
Its is usually that the nerve in your stomach is damaged and you food does not empty into your bowels properly (delayed). But my case is idiopathic, so yours could be caused from something else. When I found out I had gastroparesis I found alot of information the internet. What helped me the most was doing MAJOR diet changes. Make sure that you follow a low residue/low fat diet. Medication, like Domperidone, also helps me alot...