Gastroenterology Community
Narrow Colon
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Narrow Colon

I have a narrow goose neck in the lower half of my colon from scar tissue and damage from a long a go surgery. I am 51 years old.  I had a colonoscopy last summer to check for cancer, and that is when the goose neck was discovered.  The Dr. had to get a child's scope in order to get through it.  Good news, no cancer.  Bad news, I'm left with this colon that almost refuses to pass anything.  I have tried different diets.  It seems like fiber just backs things up worse.  Bread is bad.  Green salads help some, but I still have to strain.  I drink lots of water.  Please tell me the magic combination of food to help alleviate this problem.  My doctor seems to think this is funny and has offered no help whatsoever.  I have had this problem for 25 years.  I would really like to find a solution for my last 25. Thank you and thank you!
Tags: Colon