Narrow Colon
I have a narrow goose neck in the lower half of my colon from scar tissue and damage from a long a go surgery. I am 51 years old.  I had a colonoscopy last summer to check for cancer, and that is when the goose neck was discovered.  The Dr. had to get a child's scope in order to get through it.  Good news, no cancer.  Bad news, I'm left with this colon that almost refuses to pass anything.  I have tried different diets.  It seems like fiber just backs things up worse.  Bread is bad.  Green salads help some, but I still have to strain.  I drink lots of water.  Please tell me the magic combination of food to help alleviate this problem.  My doctor seems to think this is funny and has offered no help whatsoever.  I have had this problem for 25 years.  I would really like to find a solution for my last 25. Thank you and thank you!
Lisa, there may be no perfect diet to try to change things. You could try a low residue diet (check gicare.com for suggestions) that would hopefully allow a lot of what you eat to be absorbed in the small intestine. But no matter what you do, you're still going to pass some substance through to the large intestine.

Have you discussed surgery with your doc? Depending on where the stricture is, it may be possible to remove only a small portion of the colon and reattach without too may problems.