Gastroenterology Community
Narrow Stools with endometriosis

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Narrow Stools with endometriosis

I am 30, treated for severe endometriosis since 2006. I have had 3 surgeries for this. In my last surgery the dr. found that my left ovary is adherred to my bowel. I have been experiencing narrow stools for the last 1 1/2 years. I am not sure if this could be caused by the ovary being stuck to my bowel or an actually bowel issue. So any info on what may cause this would be helpful.
Avatar n tn
I am 64 now, but when I was 11 my appendix ruptured and I developed gangreneous infections and had lots of scar tissue strangling and twisting my insides.  At 26, I had a rectal repair and a fistula or fissure that went from my rectum into my vagina. 6 months later had vaginal hysterectomy due to endometriosis and dysplasia.  The dr left my ovaries in.  My bladder quit on me so I had cath and bag for 3 mo post surgery.  I was in lots of pain for almost a yr, went to anoth surgeon and had another rectal repair and my rt ovary was twisted and tangled in scar tissue and attached to my lower colon and rectum.  My feces were skinny, pencil like.  They said they removed adhesions that were strangling my colon when they removed my ovary.  I am now up to 39 surgeries and the majority of my intestines removed.  See a dr and have necessary tests to see if it is scar tissue or another problem that has developed.  I wish you well.
Thanks for the insight. I am concerned that it may be scar tissue causing this issue. I have set an appt. to look farther into this.:)