Gastroenterology Community
Narrow bile ducts and pancreatic ducts
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Narrow bile ducts and pancreatic ducts

My 13 year old daughter had an ercp done 1 week ago.  She was in serious pain before her ercp.  She had pancreatitis for about 2 weeks before the procedure.  After the procedure she was pain free, not even a tylenol needed.  
  The doctor said she had narrow bile ducts and a cyst on her common bile duct.  Has anyone experience this? 1 week later she is smytom free with no pain.
   5 years ago she was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, but could not take any med for the disease because any med gave her pancreatitis.  So 1 year ago, after being in the hospital all the time with diarrhea and pancreatitis, I said no more meds.
   I put her on Aloe from Gastric Gold, fish oil, boswellia, vitamins, l glutamine and all symtoms (symptoms) stopped till 2 weeks ago when she got sick again.  She said she hit her pancrease on a ride at the carnival and it started hurting.
So after 5 years the doctors did an ercp and found narrow ducts.
  The doctors cut and stretched the narrow ducts and removed the cyst and she is a brand new girl.  Has anyone had this experiece and will the pain come back.
   Could it be that the ulcerative colitis made the narrow ducts or was she born this way?  
   The doctor said her stomach and small bowel have no inflammation.  Her pancrease was inflammed and ducts were narrow.
   If anyone has any thing they can tell me or has the same experience please let me know.
   Thanks!