Gastroenterology Community
Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea

I have been suffering from (sometimes) severe nausea and occasional vomiting, diarrhea/constipation and abdominal pain for almost three months now. Originally, my physician thought it was a Stomach Flu and provided me with Zofran to control the nausea but stated that everything else would have to run its course. I have seen him three additional times and all tests..Ct scan to check for Appendicitis, Ultrasound to check Gallbladder..have come back normal. My labs indicated an infection at one point and I was diagnosed with a Kidney infection which was then treated with antibiotics. I was told that it was possible that the infection could be causing my other symptoms due to the length of my illness and lack of a diagnosis prior to that point. I completed the course of antibiotics and felt better for about two weeks. Unfortunately, the pain, nausea and diarrhea have returned. I am a 32 year old female who, previously, was very healthy. I have tried taking Tums and Prilosec but have not had any relief for the pain. Zofran is still working when I become nauseaus but could be causing the constipation. If I do begin to vomit, it lasts for hours.Is there anything else that my physician and I could try? I am ready to get back to life.