Gastroenterology Community
Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea after eating certain foods.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I'm a 30 year old female.

I have always seemed to have a slight sensitivity to fatty foods, so at times in the past I have been prone to some nausea after eating them. However, lately (for a few months and much often in the last few weeks) it's been getting worse.

After eating anything spicy or fatty, I have had a sudden very strong urge to vomit, and diarrhea. If I don't sit COMPLETELY still, I usually do vomit. Even if I manage to avoid vomiting, I usually still feel very sick and get diarrhea.

Once I have had diarrhea the feeling usually passes.

Lately it has begun to happen mildly even if the food isn't too fatty, and it is especially bad if I eat after 8pm. IT never happens in the morning.

It may or may not be related but I've recently had some blood tests due to other symptoms (dizziness, headaches on exertion, and hair loss) and I was found to be anaemic, which I'm taking iron for (my gastro symtpoms started before I started taking iron) my phosphate levels were "on the low side". My GP said that my calcium was normal but he'd keep an eye on the phosphate.

I have been terribly stressed of late, having had two major bereavements and having my third child along with a fair few other things, but I'm not so sure that the nausea is stress related, because it only happens when I eat in evening.

Any ideas?
HI there I have same the problem well close to I have seen every Doc under the sun and all the tests, and they all say it is due to stress mine is more in the mornings but. Try taking a tea spoon of pure honey with a tea spoon of apple cyder vinegar in hot water and drink it that seems to help me in settling my stomach and I chew some sort of chewie after eating that helps too.