Gastroenterology Community
Nausea/Dizziness/Digestive Problems

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Nausea/Dizziness/Digestive Problems

For the past month I've been experiencing nausea all day long. i wake up and instead of just a hunger feeling it's more like if i don't eat something immediately i'm gonna throw up. i haven't thrown up in over 10yrs but the nausea always makes me feel like im gonna. when i eat it doesn't relieve the nausea..it actually gets worse. after i eat..even if its a good size meal i feel absolutely starved like i never even ate it. this nausea feels like im starving so i've been eating every few hours to see if it helped any and it's not going away. i took 3 pregnancy tests all negative. i've had digestive problems over the past 5 years been diagnosed with IBS with constipation 5 yrs ago. i always have a bloated stomach and i workout 6 days a week. It almost always takes me 5-7 days to have a bowel movement and it's always straining, never complete. i'm always uncomfortable and it's honestly taking over my whole life. i've became miserable and grumpy because of this. had a colonoscopy months ago that came back normal. i dont understand why no one can figure this out. a doctor over a year ago said i tested positive to celiac disease thru bloodwork but the colonscopy showed i was normal. had a gallbladder scan all that came back normal. can anybody help me?
Sorry to hear how you are suffering.

Have you tried a food diary to see which causes more problems than others?

Have you tried a celiac diet to see if there is any positive effect?

My bosses ex has the same issue - bloodwork, ct scans, two colonoscopies and endoscopies, and still no answer. Eventually she switched to a diet of chicken and veg for the most part and it all seems to have settled down - you may have to be more methodical and disciplined in your approach to food if your doctors are not getting any answers.

The other option may be taking your test results and getting a second opinion from a specialist or another doctor.
Hi, thank u so much for responding. I kinda semi tried the gluten free thing but i found trouble finding a lot of foods. I bought the corn chex cereal and tried to eat chicken and vegtables more. Im a workout freak and i try to stay around 1200 calories per day. I keep a food diary everyday cuz im always counting calories lol. It seems like no matter what i eat it's an all day long thing and im constantly starved and nausiated =( gona try to do the diet for 2 weeks to see if it helps any.  i had an ectopic pregnancy last year and doctor had to do emergency laprascopic surgery to remove it and its been a full year now and it seems like these problems got worse since then. My menstraul cycle is all messed up. Uggg! If u can think of anythin else please let me know! Thanks for ur input..appreciate it!