Gastroenterology Community
Nausea/No appetite

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Nausea/No appetite

I have had problems since March of last year. I feel nauseated on a daily basis. I haven't vomitted due to the nausea, but the feeling is constant. The feeling worsens when I put pressure on my stomach (upper abdominal area). My appetite has decreased because of my nausea and it doesn't take much to feel full when I do eat. A doctor thought it may have been acid reflux and prescribed an ant-acid (pariet). Unfortunately, it did not help... any suggestions??
I have the same symptoms - plus bloating and I have been passing a lot of gas.  I had a lot of tests all was normal except a hida-scan that showed the function of my gallbladder was only 17% instead of 36% or greater.  I have two different suggestions from dr.'s  - one says to remove it and the other advised to wait and see.  Do you bloat after you eat?  I can eat bfast and half of what I normally would eat for lunch and I force myself to eat dinner because I am so full - it feels like I just ate a big Thanksgiving dinner and no appetite.  I wonder if you should ask for a hida-scan too.
You girls sound just like me.  I'm early on into the investigation but everything I've read and have been told so far indicate Gallbladder.  I'm going for the HIDA test next thursday.  I too have the bloating,  nausea, and feeling so full I cannot eat anything else...it actually takes about two or three days of fasting to feel close to wanting to eat again...I can't seem to get it through hubby's head I'm not hungry...I don't want to eat.  I'm with Jeanie, see if you can have the HIDA scan and go from there.  
I'm a 21 y.o. female with similar symptoms (as well as a few others, but I shant go into details as they're not so pleasant!)  But I understand regular nausea, a lack of appetite (even things I usually like don't sound particularly appetizing recently...is that the same for you?), and fullness.  Same with the bloating and gas!  Gall bladder has definitely been brought up as a possibility by my doc, so hopefully the hida is coming up.  
If you are having daily bloating along with the nausea, and this has been going on for over a year now, you might want to read about a condition called gastroparesis.  It basically is slowed emptying of the stomach (usually due to nerve damage) and it causes bloating, pain, nausea and vomiting.  The causes of it are many and it is dxd on a gastric emptying scan in nuclear medicine.  Sometimes it comes on after a bad viral or bacterial GI infection and is either transient or becomes a permanent condition, and sometimes it is linked to a neurologic and/or autoimmune disease (diabetes, lupus, scleroderma, thyroid disease, etc.).  It is fairly common, especially if mild or moderate in form.  Severe GP is usually a permanent condition.  Anyway, just something you might want to read more on.  Plenty of info on the internet about it.  
I have had the same thing happen...though every test I've had has come back negative...:-(