Gastroenterology Community
Nausea after eatiing

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Nausea after eatiing

Recently I started having these Symptoms; nauseous every time I eat, feeling full after a few bites of food, bloating, gas, sometimes severe abdominal pain and often times burping. No heartburn or acidy taste in mouth.

I'm nervous that this may be a Gallbladder problem....What should I do....

Do you have pain on the right side?  Usually pain is present in this area with most gallbladder problems.  You could have gastritis or other things as well.  I would suggest a visit to a GI so he can start doing a few tests.
No pain in the right side but I do have severe stomach pain though.
The pain is associated to the nausea after eating...
IE; I had a few bites of food at 5:45 and it's almost 11pm, the nausea is still present but the pain has subsided.

Thank you for the reply. :-)
hmm Is the pain in the upper part of your stomach like in the middle under the breasts.  I have had gallbladder pain in that area as well.    If it is lower it could be many other things.  I think an endoscopy would be a good place to start.
Pain for the most part is the upper area of the stomach but last night when I went to bed and laid on my right side, I'm certain I felt pain just under the right rib cage area.....It wasn't anywhere near as bad as the upper stomach pain but I knew it was there....
I'm off to see my GP this morning. Let's see what he has to say.

Thanks again for your response.
Update- Dropped in to see my Dr this morning and he's sending me for an abdominal ultrasound to check on the Gallbladder. Will call tomorrow to make the appointment.
He gave me a sample of Nexium and told me to take it 30 minutes before I eat.
It sounds like gastroparesis.  If the other tests come back okay then you should talk to your doctor about gastroparesis.
Thank you for the reply.
Will keep the thread updated.
Went to Emerg for the pain and they came back with the result of an ULCER......Nothing showed on the gallbladder but the Dr suggested I see a GI specialist and request a biopsy?
What did they do to determine it was an ulcer?  What do they want a biopsy of?   I am thinking maybe they want the GI to do an endoscopy and get a biopsy of stomach?  

Did they do an ultrasound of gallbladder or hida scan?  The ultrasound can miss small stones and cannot tell the function of the gallbladder.  A hida scan can tell more about the functioning.
Hi Michell- Thank you for the reply.

The only tests they did was an ultrasound of the stomach and blood work.
The Dr said the ultrasound showed no gallstones and the blood work was normal. She sent me home with a 6 week prescription of Rabeprazole and said the pain is the result of an ulcer....????

The Dr suggested I see a GI for a more thorough test of the stomach and said the Biopsy is more effective?

I'm going to see my family Dr today and ask for a referral to a GI dr.
The pain and nausea is still present and my appetite is nil.....

hmmm wonder if they even really checked to see if it was an ulcer.  I would go ahead and get in with a GI.  They can do an endoscopy to get biopsys and look for an ulcer.   If it is your gallbladder then you need a hida scan.  Ultrasound cannot tell the function only if large stones are in your gallbladder.  The hida scan will give a percentage of how well your GB is functioning and if your symptoms are reproduced with the CCK injection during the test there is a good chance surgery would help.