Gastroenterology Community
Nausea after meals
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nausea after meals

Over the past month I've been noticing after i have a (normally small) meal I feel very nauseas even with cereal. I couldn't go to restaurants because I always felt like I was going to vomit after I ate. Then all of a sudden that nausea sensation after meals went away. I had my wisdom out and ate soft foods for 2 weeks and I didn't feel nauseas. Then started eating solid foods again. I recently went to a restaurant and I felt sick again after 4 bites of my food. What could be wrong with me? I am so irritated of feeling nauseas because I always have to turn down invitations to go out to eat dinner. And I AM NOT PREGNANT 100%.
Related Discussions
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  An idea of what it might be is gastroparesis (slow emptying of the stomach).  This would explain why you get nausea after eating and why when you switched to soft foods (which are very low in fiber) you felt better then solid foods (which are usually higher in fiber).  I would recommend trying to eat a very low fiber diet for a while and see if that helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...