Gastroenterology Community
Nausea and diarrhea in the morning, dont know whats wrong

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I am 16, currently in high school, and dont know whats wrong. Recently, for the last 2 weeks, ive been woken up by nausea, which very shortly leads me to go to the washroom. I get diarrhea, then the nausea persists untill it finally goes away some hours later. Normaly, after maybe 4 hours maybe, i will feel normal, with from time to time, rreoccuring slight pain, which i deal with then it leaves. After maybe another maybe 5 hours (evening), for most of the days, i get disconfort in my stomach, not really a nausea feeling, but something not normal, that is annoying to put up with. I wont know if im hungry or full, like ill get out of my seat, and when i get to the kitchen, i dont feel hungry. On few of the days, i have gone to sleep with this disconfort. I have been woken, at the exact same time, ranging from 5:30 am to 6:30 am, every single one of these mornings, with the same symtomps. I have slept at ranging 9 pm to 12:30 am, and have woken up between the times i have mentioned. I have took blood samples and urine samples which showed nothing wrong. I have taken a lower abdomine ultra sound, to cheek on all of the organs on the lower part of my upper body, which showed nothing wrong. I have recently taken a upper GI series test, and have not got the results yet. The first doctor I went to didnt know whats wrong, and after my dads suggestion of a blood test, he recommend a blood test. From his own suggestion, he recommend a upper GI. We showed the recommendation to a second doctor, my family doctor, and she said that those test probably wont show much, but if we wanted to make sure, then we can take them. She said that she hasnt seen this before, and told me to stop all running and all tiring activities, because I informed her that in the passed, I would get tired quick when playing sports and would have bad vomiting from it. I personally thought it was stress from going to school with many school projects and tests in the same period of time, but when it continued durring the week end, I ruled it out. I have many friends, so being depressed isnt my issue. I have a few symtopms of anxiety, but personally, when i got o bed/wake up, never are any thoughts going threw my head of anything like that, it just wakes me up. Can anyone help, i have read on the internet of people that seem to have this for many years, and i really dont wanna go through this much longer because id like to enjoy my grad year. Can anyone help before this gets worse. Early thank to all that read and post.
i forgot to mention i am a male, have never got drunk or drank, never smoked or never used any type of illegal drug. Have no allergies and am not on any regular medicin. I have taken gravol on and off for when the pain is too much. sorry for not adding this in the original post.
are you throwing out acid?
have you tried prilosec? also there is a homeopathy remedy it's called nux vomica 30C order homeopathyworks.com
Hi!
My daughter is 14 years old with some similar symptoms.  The one thing that caught my eye was that you said you have some anxiety.  So does my daughter.  She presents with nausea in the AM. severe pain in her left side, gurgling sounds from her stomach and feeling like she has to go to the bathroom.  In the past she had h.pylori (which cannot always be seen in blood work- you need to have a test done that also tests for lactose intolerance)  I don't remember the name of it.  BUT, the main thing that I feel is important is for you to realize that perhaps your anxiety is very strongly contributing to you symptoms.  My daughter also complains of the same symptoms on the weekend and her therapist says that this is typical.  Even if you think that you're not worried about something, you may be worrying.  My daughter also wakes up at the same time each night or at least during various parts of the night with pains and/or for no obvious reason to her.  I would urge you to at least consider whether or not anxiety might be making your symptoms worse.  At least if you can get a handle on the 'mental' part of the 'disorder' you'd be able to rule more things out.  Also, be very pro-active and make sure that you tell your GI doctor that you want answers.  Don't let them tell you certain tests won't help, etc.  There's obviously something going on with your body and you shouldn't ignore it.  Please feel free to respond back to me.  I hope everything goes well and I'll continue to think about what your symptoms suggest.
Jeannine
to kill bugs take transfer factor formula 4TF.COM it boosts your immune system by 400% !!!
anxiety and nausea is caused by the same neurotransmitters firing in the brain...
thank you, the reason i mentioned it, was mostly because after reading about it, and seeing that is says stuff like, over thinking something, its something i do with almost anything. Like, ill think about all the what ifs, the benefits, how to make it better, and so on. It isnt like anxeity as if i were scared of something, tho i mentioned it because i didnt know if it was something to do with over thinking a situation. I do tho admit that ive thought that it might be because, since it happened in the morning, that mentally, when it gets arround that time, my body reacts and things of it. But i dont go to bed worrying about it, it wakes me up.
it could be anxiety if you are waking up after midnight . i had same problem but throwing out acid(hyperacidity)...and couldn't eat untill noon the next morning...yours may be different...some infection? order nux vomica and let me know the results..if you have anxiety you could try natural product called AMORYN it's non habit forming... meditation techniques also helps..

if you suspect bugs take transfer factor advanced plus formula 4TF.COM to boost the immune system...

i hope you feel better soon...if you keep your  mind strong then you can face any condition
ty, im not looking to start taking medication like that, because so far, there has been tons of different thoughts that ive been told to. i havent been coughing or vomiting acid, it hasnt come out, just been having nausea and disconfort, along with the once daily, in the morning diarrhea. i appreciate the concern and the feedback, is there is anymore, feel free to post.
then you must be having allergic reaction to certain foods? avoid wheat , milk , eggs for few days and see if it improves... transfer factor is not a med , it is made from cow milk , teaches the immune system and may help in allergies...also homepathy has no medicine in it , it is so diluted only energy signature of the substance remains so there are no side effects..nux vomica is very effective... but i think you should be tested for allergies..what do you think?
Hey, it seems like i have the exact same thing. I have nausea all the time, espiecally after I wake up, or am woken up by it. I often have stomach cramps and that 'hungry or not' feeling too. I'm up and down all night trying not to vomit apparently because of hyperacidity ( causing Acid Reflux). It was strange, the way it came and went.

When I saw my doctor, we worked out that each of these things are different reactions to food i was eating, and what those reactions felt like. He thinks that i have a strange sort of, mild celiacs, lactose intolerance, hyperacidity (which messes greatly with appitite) and a range of food allergies and had me avoid white flour products and try my Nanna's old stomach olser medication (Locsec) which has actually helped so much i hardly feel any discomfort AT ALL! i sleep at night and enjoy life with hardly a care in the world. The problem is the cost, as i have just left school I have discovered that I can't actually afford fifty Aussie dollars every three weeks for this stuff; Does anybody know of anything else that might help???