Gastroenterology Community
Nausea at night time

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Nausea at night time

My boyfriend's been experiencing heavy nausea during night time.  This nausea is generally situated around the small intestine area, almost right underneath the lungs. It happens every few months, usually goes away on its own.  The nausea starts when he gets comfortable or remains still.  Eating helps reduce the feeling but it often returns soon after.  Other symptoms are dizzy spells or feeling light headed.  He also loses sleep because the nausea wakes him up soon after drifting off.  However, the nausea never causes him to vomit.
Can someone give us a heads up about what this may be?  Our GP has only offered advice to change dietary habits, and this has not helped improve the condition.  Has anyone else experienced similar symptoms and found relief?
Thanks in advance
I have been going through the same thing since 11/07.  I have had at least 15 test including have my gallbladder out in 1/08.  I am on medicine for acid and nausea (protonix and reglan) and the started me on Paxil.  I am very anxious about getting sick it comes and goes and I never know when it is going to happen.  I wake up in the middle of the night and feel so sick and it last about 24-48 hours.  I have been in the ER 6 times, and have seen my PCP 3 GI doctors and ENT and a Neurologist and everything is normal.  In the month of June I was only sick 3 days so I am hoping this is going away.  I also took 6 weeks off from work.  I eat a low fat diet and I do have regular food sometimes and I do get dizzy spells.  I can not help you out but I do have the same symptoms.
I just want to say I have the same thing it all started after my third kid have been to every doctor there is they even sent me to a counsler as if it is in my head im actually having the problem right now was just looking up to see if anyone cam eup with anything yet if anyone does please please email me at ***@****
Did anyone ever get any answers for this? I, too, have the same problems and have had them for going on ten years.
im only 12 and have been dealing with this 2. ill finally get to sleep, then all of a sudden, i wake up wanting to puke, but never do puke. ( this is not puberty or anything trust me) its only been like this 4 about a month or so, byt still anxious to no whats up with this. SOME1 HELP US. i dont like being in pain night after night. o and p.s, pain relivers dont work 4 me 2 well so i dont no if they will on u. and they were sleeping pain relivers so i passed out before really knowing if it worked
I too have these symptoms. I have had my gallbladder removed and that helped for a while. I still have horrible issues with stomach upset at night. I also have other digestive issues, such as frequent bowel movements. I saw a colon rectal doctor and he was convinced I had UC or IBD, both of witch cause fatigue, bowel issues, and the nighttime stomach upset. I had a positive result for an upper GI test for Acid Reflux disease, which can go along with the diseases such as IBD, UC and Crones.  However, he never diagnosed me with these because my cultures came back negative. I have suffered now 5 years with fatigue and frequent night time digestive issues. I often to feel sad and frustrated because it seems that doctors don't believe me. Its disrupting my life and I can understand your frustration. This last summer things got so bad I was scared to go anywhere, I often can't make it to restrooms and if doctors won't believe me then I stay home. I still wonder if I did have UC because most of the sites talk about people having it with negative cultures. Anyways sorry I can't be of more help but maybe my partial diagnosis by my doctors can help in some way.
Im wondering if it comes from birth control. For me i have been off of the depo shot for about 6 months. I then started toking the pill. I have taken neither for about 4 months now n have been experiencing naseua after setteling down at the end of the day. However it eventually goes away after about 20 min. Wondering how long i will experience these effects.