Gastroenterology Community
Nausea wakes me up from 2-3 in the morning
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nausea wakes me up from 2-3 in the morning

Every once in a while while I'm sleeping I'll wake up around 2 or 3 in the morning feeling nauseous.  I usually try to ignore it because I really want to sleep, but the nausea always seems to get worse and I'm forced to get up.  I walk to the restroom and by the time I'm there, I begin to feel weak and hot.  I sit down on the toilet.  My chest and the back of my head feels extremely hot; i feel week; my hands tremble; i feel as if  I'm poisoned and my face turns pale.  I lift up my shirt and pour cold water on my chest and on the back of my head because the hot temperature feels like it's draining me.  I felt my eyes drift to the left only once as if trying to pass out or going into a seizure. I never throw up.  sometimes  I get a rush of diarrhea but not always.  The feeling usually lasts a few seconds to a couple of minutes.  Usually the cold water helps it.  Sometimes the diarrhea makes it go away, but there are times when neither seems to work.  My first episode was in 2004 (morning after I drank alcohol- i thought maybe this was what a "hang over" was).  The episodes have been coming back without any real warning except for the nausea.  They come every couple of months, years, days-- just whenever it wants to.  I don't drink and I don't do drugs. I do think that it might have something to do with my blood sugar dropping (or at least that's what I think).  I've probably had about 6 to 7 episodes in the past 5 years.  All my tests come back normal.