Gastroenterology Community
Nausea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Nausea

I wake up almost every morning with nausea and being clammy and sweaty on my chest, neck and forehead.  I also will wake up feeling warm and clammy.i am 64, past menopause years ago.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A detailed medical evaluation is necessary for accurate diagnosis and management of your condition. Your symptoms can be explained by many conditions. Few common causes are hypoglycaemia, low blood oxygen levels, pain, internal bleeding, shock; hypotension etc.Thyroid disorders can also cause these symptoms. Few other possibilities are reflux disease and gastritis. It is better to get investigated since it can also indicate a heart problem. A clinical examination and tests like CBC, fasting blood sugar,ECG and thyroid profile will be helpful. Treatment will depend on the cause. Hope it helped.
Take care and regards!
Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I have mentioned this to many doctors and none of them seem concerned or fluff it off as "age" symptoms but I remind them I went through menopause. Due to the dry mouth and throat issues and the GI problems, I have seen a number of doctors and had a number of tests done.  I thought it was thyroid but my Endo doctor says it is not (I test in the low normal range) but do have nodules and a cyst on the thyroid.
On my last CBC, my glucose was actually a little high.
I take Omeprazole, was on Nexium, also use Tums and have for some time.  Notice no difference.
Had a heart catherization a couple of years ago which was normal.  My BP has been a bit low.  Recently had carotid artery scans and normal for my age.
Really, I cannot tell you how many doctors I have mentioned this to and none of them seem concerned.  This has been going on for some time, again just this morning.  When I start to wake up, I feel kind of flushed and clammy from my stomach, to my chest, to my neck and forehead then start getting nauseated.  Sometimes the Omeprazole seems to make it worse.  I have resorted to taking 1/2 Alprazolam when I get up and another 1/2 later on.  I have been on this drug for almost 6 years I think. I seldom take more than 2  .05 mg a day.  I also drink ginger and honey to help with the nausea.
I did make an appt to see  my GI doc again but he isn't going to do anything, I know it. I don't think they know what else to test for.  

I will mention the fasting glucose. I wish someone would stop to think about this and try to help.

thanks