Need name of surgical procedure
My mother had all of her colon removed and had the small intestine connected to the rectum in 2003.  We were never told the name of this procedure and was wondering what the medical terminology of this is called.  She has been having trouble in the last year; every time she bends over she vomits and has the sweats with abdominal pain following.  We were wondering that if we looked up the procedure, perhaps we could find out if this is one of the side effects.  

Thanks,
TerriD123
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  This surgery is called a colectomy.
Thank you so very much!
What your mother is experiencing is not a side effect of the surgery.  She needs to see her GI doctor to learn why this is happening.  
She has been to the emergency room at least 8 times in the last year.  She has had CT scans with/without contrast and they cannot seem to find anything.  The doctor who performed her surgery is no longer around, but she does see a regular GI for her other problems, i.e., hiatal hernia, checking the rectum to see if the cancer has returned, etc.  She does have an appointment this month for the two procedures, upper and lower scopes.  We are hoping that something will show up.  The pain gets so bad that she cannot breathe and actually turns blue!  But by the time she arrives to the ER, it is gone!  I was wondering if maybe the small intestine might be twisting or something.  It's very frustrating.  We all have colon cancer and so far I have only had to have a right hemicolectomy, but I am sure I will be looking at this horrible thing that my mother had done.  Thank you so much for your email.  It is greatly appreciated.