Gastroenterology Community
Need some ideas

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Need some ideas

Okay here is my delimia. About a year and a half ago I was about 35 pounds over weight and had some severe pain on my left side. My Dr. took an xray and found that I was all backed up. He sent me home with some stuff to clean me out and told me to get exercise and lose some weight. I felt better. Also I saw a gastro dr. and was diagnosed with GERD. The gastro dr. said I had the worst kind because I could not feel it. About 6 months later same thing started happening again. I lost about 20 pounds and was watching what I ate. My pain on my left side would flare up almost every two months. The following year I ended up back in the doctors. I had all kinds of test run. Blood work came back fine except I was anemic. I have been anemic all my life. My Dr. told me it was time for a colonscopy. Before I could make it to my test, I ended up in the emergency room because the pain was great. They did and MRI and could not find anything wrong with Kidneys.They thought I was passing kidney stones.  I did have an enlarged spleen. They gave me three shots of morphine and that did not take the pain away. They gave me a shot of something else and the pain finally went away. The next week I had my test. My colon test came back perfect. Not even a palaup. The doctor said I had a slow colon. Everything went fine until two months later. Back in the Dr. office I go again. This time pain is on my right side. The Dr. said I had IBS and started me on Amitiza after again I had to clean the colon out. I took my samples and went home. No more constipation. Going to the bathroom regular. Except, I notice that when I eat. My stomach gets hard as a rock and my right side is in pain. I hardly ever have left pain. Also my face and the back of my neck is hot to the touch. No temp. My body aches and I am tired all the time. I am so tired of being in pain. About three weeks ago I had no medicine left and was fighting with insurance to pay for script. I am now back to square one on the pain on the left side because I have been off my meds for IBS. I have a constant metal taste in my mouth and now am experiencing heart burn. I have not had an ultra sound. I am 37 with 15 more pounds to lose. I am 5'9.5 and have always been healthy. This pain is effecting my work. So today I got my meds and some stuff to clean me out again. This can't be good doing this every two months. I know my pain in the left side will go away. What should I do? I keep giving the dr $35 every dr visit with really NO explanation. Can anyone help?
Tags: Pain