Gastroenterology Community
Need to burp

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Need to burp

Every now and again, 3 to 12 weeks or so, I get this upper abdominal pain that at times is very deabilitating (is that a word ?). The pain is so strong at times I can't tell for sure where it is originating; stomach, back, kidney's.
I may be crazy but it seems that I just need to burp. Problem is I can't and by eating or drinking anything the pain intensifies.
What I really want to know is is there a sure fire way to induce a burp or to relieve the pain caused by this type of gas pain. Is there some kind of over the counter product I can take or should I see a doctor and what do I tell him.
The pain is usually gone in 12 to 24 hours but it causes me anxiety and loss of sleep, not to mention it hurts.
Any kind of help would be appreciated.    Thanks, Jim
Tags: abdominal